Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So...I bid on this Revolver...

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Nope. Already have three that are grown. Got a couple red hats too. I’m good.

🤣

Edit to add:

I bet that’s the Fairgrounds in Springfield. I spent a whole bunch of time down there with my daughter as she was growing up and I swear I recognize that wall...
    I was thinking more the car…and I bet you’re right. Looks like one of the older show barns.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Congrats on managing to purchase a 'piece of America'!

-Rainman

and didn’t want to be “That Guy”.
    Ahem.

Also, congratulations on a fine looking revolver!

Is that revolver NOS? Looks pristine!

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Ahem.

Also, congratulations on a fine looking revolver!

Not that there’s anything wrong with that...😁
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Ha! So far she has taken the news remarkably well. Lol

It’s a 5” Illinois State Police Pre-14. Looking into the exact serial # but it does not appear to be an overrun as the number falls into the correct range and it also has a “Factory Through” modification stamp (1968) on the frame. Arranging payment and shipping first thing this morning.

I need to hunt down some cast wadcutters now. Only thing on the shelf currently is 158gr SWC which are going to have to do in a pinch.
    Berry's 148 HB clad WC's. They work great, and less lead fouling. My 14-0 loves them.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I have some coated wadcutters on the way.

The gun is enroute...via USPS Priority. 😳🙄 Says by Monday.

That probably wouldn’t have been my FIRST choice of shipping but...

Sorry...busy night and morning... Also, honestly, I thought that linking an auction was a “posting faux pas” and didn’t want to be “That Guy”.

I’ve always been kinda leery about GB, but it was a Woodlawn Boys item, and folks here (Thank You) seem to think they are beyond solid, so gave it a shot. I have a bit of connection to the ISP, so thought it would scratch several itches at once.

Attachment 72882

Attachment 72883
    Entropy:

That is a gorgeous revolver. In the time frame that gun was made, I believe that combination of features would have been pretty much what any thinking gunman would order in a K Frame 38 Special platform. I have a dear friend who found a similar gun, a factory Model 14, with a nickle finish, red ramp front sight on a factory 5 inch barrel and smooth rose wood factory stocks. I have handled that gun and it is simply stunning. I think the Model 19s eclipsed the concept due to the greater power of the 357 round, but that is a perfect blend of features for a gun built in the mid 50s. Hopefully you shoot it once in a while. Of course a thinking gunfighter in the 50s who had a Model 14 like that, would probably also add an original S&W Model 42, maybe a Pinto version with a nickled cylinder and barrel as a backup/off duty gun. Just sayin'.

Great catch on Gun Broker. You did very well. Hopefully you played the lottery the same day....

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Thanks for the kind and positive words. Nope no lottery. I’ve never owned anything with a 5” barrel, so anxious to see how it feels in the hand. I still can’t believe I pulled it off... Still showing Monday delivery.

The gun is enroute...via USPS Priority. 😳🙄 Says by Monday.

That probably wouldn’t have been my FIRST choice of shipping but...
    I worked for the USPS while in grad school (late 1980’s), and it was a nightmare. I was a permanent temp, and the regular guys were all ornery drunks. Having said that, I had a shotgun delivered to the local range this past Wednesday, via FedEx. It showed as being delivered at 6:20pm, but the guys said FedEx hadn’t been there that day. The range is part of a small industrial park, in a VERY bad neighborhood. They walked out back, and the FedEx guy simply piled the boxes by the rear door! There’s a storefront, a 25 yard range, and an equally large space behind the range. Those firearms could have easily been stolen! Best Wishes! 🥴😁

User Tag List