Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A more efficient .38! Step inside for some edjumacation!

Those are ugly with a capital Ugh.
    They are from a common mold but I can't say where to get the type and be sure of better quality and prompt delivery.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    After reading some decent reviews of the company's products online, I ordered a box of these plated bullets last night:

https://accuraoutdoors.com/product/38-125-fp/

Haven't been able to find an actual photo of the bullets, so I'll be curious to see what I get.

Xtreme has a cannelured 125gr that's a little more of a truncated cone. The Accuras are cheaper.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I’ve loaded tens of thousands of MoBuCo stuff — that is not typical of the company as of a few years ago. Could be tough times, or the new way. I’d call them.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Those bases are FAIL to me. Guaranteed zero accuracy.

I'd balk too.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    After reading some decent reviews of the company's products online, I ordered a box of these plated bullets last night:

Haven't been able to find an actual photo of the bullets, so I'll be curious to see what I get.

Xtreme has a cannelured 125gr that's a little more of a truncated cone. The Accuras are cheaper.
    Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a box of the Accura's. Also ordered 1000 of coated 125's from SNS Casting. I've used their non-coated bullets before and they've always been good. Will report back when they show up. Midsouth has the XTP's for $0.20/bullet and the Lee 38 SC diesin stock atm. Have them on order as well.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Think I'm going to be asking for a refund, rather than carry forward and chase my tail on trying to get a consistent load with these.
    I emailed MoBuCo the photos and data I posted here, and they were very nice about arranging a return. Sent me a free shipping label and refunded both product and the freight I paid originally once the shipment arrived back at their plant. So A+ for customer service and taking care of the problem.

The Accuras showed up quickly. They look great and the several that I weighed were all pretty close to 125gr. Haven't loaded any yet, but expect it to go well.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Loaded up a few test rounds.

Name:  PXL_20211021_224951295.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  49.5 KB

Going to try them out tomorrow.

Name:  PXL_20211022_184836693.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  66.1 KB

38 Short Colt looks funny in a speed loader.

I went to the range, but like a dumbass I left the 38 Short Colt on the table in the basement. I did shoot my G19, which was its usual boring accurate and reliable self.

Site Supporter

OAL & Lever Gun Use

I've gathered 500 Starline cases,1000 coated 125 grain bullets, some Federal small pistol primers, and a good supply of Clays. I plan to get the party started this weekend with 3.5 grains of Clays. A couple questions:

1. What's the optimum OAL for .38 SC?

2. Will they run reliably in 1892 or 1894 lever guns? That could be great fun.

Thanks very much!

User Tag List