Thread: How to determine if a Trijicon RMR is new

How to determine if a Trijicon RMR is new

I ordered and received what was presumed to be a new Trijicon RMR Type 2 RM07-C-700679 from an online retailer that may actually be used. Neither the RMR nor the padded plastic carrying case in which it was contained were in a sealed wrapper or package and the RMR has a sticky substance smeared around the bottom edge of the housing and across the bottom sticker that may have occurred during manufacturing. The plastic case has minor scuffs on the front face. None of these conditions are expected to affect the proper operation of the RMR but they made me suspicious about whether it was used. I’m not sure if the conditions are typical and am just seeking confirmation that they are. Has anyone bought a new Trijicon RMR in this condition or different?

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

New RMR’s (last 10 months or so) have a decidedly silver cast to the lasered markings, versus a white tone of previous runs. The real telltale would be the condition of the plastic packaged screw and wrench pack under the bottom foam in the box- if the pack has been opened and the screw threads show signs of insertion into a mount it will be obvious.

There should be a sealed pack of two screws, a torx wrench, a battery, an owner’s manual, and a Trijicon sticker under that bottom foam.

There’s nothing abnormal about the RMR itself or the outer plastic box being unsealed, that is normal. They have never been wrapped or otherwise sealed in the packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    There’s nothing abnormal about the RMR itself or the outer plastic box being unsealed, that is normal. They have never been wrapped or otherwise sealed in the packages.
    Thanks. That's the confirmation I was looking for.
    Last edited by wardjk; 06-16-2021 at 02:49 PM.

User Tag List