Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden Cameras

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Depending on your choice in phones, the camera may lack an IR filter and thus be able to pick up and display active IR emissions with sufficient darkness\contrast. iPhones are distinct in being uniformly equipped with an IR filter. They can thus be used to search for active emitters.
    As someone with a background developing IR sensors, I will say that your post doesn’t make a lot of sense.

As someone who travels a lot (I’m in a hotel right now), I’m not worried about hidden cameras.

Happily, I'm not attractive enough, rich enough, nor romantically attached to any female of sufficient attractiveness to make me a worthy target of video surveillance.

But, if I had a teenage daughter, I'd be a whole lot more paranoid about the potential.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Welder View Post
    Do y'all give much thought to stuff like this? If not, why?
    Nope. One glimpse of my pale, hairy ass is enough cure any spycam fetish on the planet.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"Say hello to my little friend!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Sucks that we live in this kind of society. In the USA I use major hotels only, not that they are safe from such abuse, but probably slightly less of a risk than other locations.

Sadly, it’s probably serious punishment to anyone watching now days. Now if I had a teenage kid caught on tape, the next guy watching better be in for some serious medieval shit…

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Depending on your choice in phones, the camera may lack an IR filter and thus be able to pick up and display active IR emissions with sufficient darkness\contrast. They can thus be used to search for active emitters. (iPhones are distinct in being uniformly equipped with an IR filter, and thus aren't useful in that manner.)

If in a foreign country of the sort to regularly and casually monitor visitors from here or there, one should be cautioned against tampering with anything discovered of such a nature, as the monitoring agency may make themselves known and\or increase the level of scrutiny applied to the discoverer. This may be undesirable.
    CRAP. Sorry folks, things got transposed there; that was pretty contradictory writing, as initially posted.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List