Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Compliant Defensive Rifles in the 2020s

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Looks like they even make one with iron sights!
    https://www.armas.es/caza/31566-brow...estige-wood-hc

Although I haven’t seen on on any us-based sites after a cursory search.
    Performance Shooting in NY regularly imports Euro BARs

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    Even without some kind of crazy ban, this thing looks great for a truck, ATV, or ranch rifle:

https://youtu.be/HxHvajr7o3s

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    Even without some kind of crazy ban, this thing looks great for a truck, ATV, or ranch rifle:

https://youtu.be/HxHvajr7o3s

Even before the NoDak irons came out and before Ruger offered them with the AR magwell, I've always wanted a RAR with an Aimpoint micro on it. Just seems like it would be handy and fun. But now I'm really itching for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have two of these rifles in 7.62x39 and they are great! I shoot Golden Tiger and get under two inches all day long. I have a ton of GT left over from an AK experiment so my son and I are able to shoot all day and not break the bank. If these sights are produced for the 7.62x39 I will have to set one gun up with irons and maybe a reddot mounted in front.

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    I have two of these rifles in 7.62x39 and they are great! I shoot Golden Tiger and get under two inches all day long. I have a ton of GT left over from an AK experiment so my son and I are able to shoot all day and not break the bank. If these sights are produced for the 7.62x39 I will have to set one gun up with irons and maybe a reddot mounted in front.
    They have a couple options that should fit the 7.62x39 barrels. Apparently there's a couple profiles so you have to measure your barrel first to get the right one.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

More NoDak Spud iron sight goodness. I'm probably going to end up with a 5.56 and a .300BLK eventually.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I was very pleased with how it turned out as well. I had intended to adapt a forward mounted scope on that gun but never got a mount made before trading it off.

I have intentions of building a 1903 Springfield in Krag carbine style. It wont be as compact as the 303 was, probably will have a 22" barrel. It may or may not have a scope, it depends on what I decide when proceeding with it. I like the original style, but it will have a good pad, and likely be in a semi-wimpy chambering (25-06 or 257 Robts?), or use somewhat reduced 06 loads due to my current limitations.
    That .303 is truly a lovely thing. I have thought about doing something along those lines with a bubba'd 1917 Enfield, but then I got distracted by a pair of cut down carbines with receiver sights I found at Cabela's, one made from a 6.5 Swede 96 Mauser and the other a 8mm Persian 98 Mauser. They are very short and handy. I expect that little Persian is going to thump pretty well on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I think that I’s like a nice, custom-made, side-by-side “stopping rifle,” chambered for something like .357 Magnum. Being ban-compliant would not, of course, be the point.
    Indeed! If Pedersoli would just stretch that Howdah out into a baby double rifle with about 20" barrels and offer it in .44 mag and .45 Colt that would be something. Put folding leaf express sights on rib and maybe a Marbles tang sight for when more precision is needed.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    One of the gunsmiths over on the Accurate Reloading Forum posted pix of a .480 Ruger double rifle he recenly finished

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...4/m/3161093662

I’m sure he could fix you up.
    That is just beyond awesome!

Late to the party but what about a ban compliant 18” bbl M1A with composite stock?

Nothing wrong with an M1A if it fits your needs. Hard to accessorize, not super accurate and a little clunky in the ergonomics but a good choice if other options are off the table.

But a real ban is going to target an M1A/Mini-14 too. Right now, an "other" is as legal as an M1A in NY, CT or NJ (they've each got some idiosyncrasies--I think NY says barrel length can't go over 11.5, CT says barrel length can't go under 12.5). If you're limited to 10-round mags, look into the RJK mag couplers, they don't increase capacity but allow you to put multiple 10-rounders into a jungle mag configuration so reloads are slightly faster.

Name:  Other.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  4.7 KB

User Tag List