Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban-Compliant Defensive Rifles in the 2020s

Site Supporter
    Eventually, if the tide truly turns to gun control, all semis will be banned as will lever action guns. 5 shot bolt action guns will be allowed for Uncle Dick in his deer stand bu they may have to be stored at home under lock and key or at the gun club or similar facility.

Scalia's prose in Heller will be used to support such rules and similar prose in Buren.

It might take a few years for the antis to filter through all the dodges and silliness to take out the Mini-14s and PCCs without threaded barrels, the bizarre locked mag ARs that you feed through the ejection port with a Rube Goldberg speed loader, etc. but it will come in time.

But wait, Scotus might actually say something definitive against the bans and think through the counter punches, although it is claimed they are not allowed to do that.

Any experience with the Browning Maral? Seems to be the fastest straight-pull rifle. And 10+1 .30-06 is no slouch.

Then, they tried to find the best solution, only to find out that they already had the solution to the problems of reliability and simplicity in house. They only had to use the super-reliable BAR action (a military-derived gun itself, with all that it implies), and made the necessary, minimal modifications to obtain a reliability proven by over a million rifles used all over the world. All that with a tried robustness and without unreasonable and irrational complications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlwEKJ0BNg
    Last edited by overton; 08-17-2022 at 09:46 AM.

Site Supporter
    Man I was just thinking about the old Winchester 351 self loaders and how cool something like that would be today

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Back to the Future?

Remington Model 81 in .35 Remington

It has a barrel shroud of sorts, so I suppose it'd never meet the compliance criteria.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I had one of those, its action sorta functioned like a Browning auto shotgun.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Name:  H011-Henry-Original-Hero-1-scaled.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  14.1 KB

No Henrys were harmed in the making of this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Name:  H011-Henry-Original-Hero-1-scaled.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  14.1 KB

No Henrys were harmed in the making of this photo.
    But the EoTech left the studio with a rather grandiose sense of self-importance...
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    But the EoTech left the studio with a rather grandiose sense of self-importance...
    I was trying to pick the ugliest and most obtrusive optic I could.

Name:  tactical matchlock.JPG
Views: 561
Size:  18.5 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    Any experience with the Browning Maral? Seems to be the fastest straight-pull rifle. And 10+1 .30-06 is no slouch.

Then, they tried to find the best solution, only to find out that they already had the solution to the problems of reliability and simplicity in house. They only had to use the super-reliable BAR action (a military-derived gun itself, with all that it implies), and made the necessary, minimal modifications to obtain a reliability proven by over a million rifles used all over the world. All that with a tried robustness and without unreasonable and irrational complications.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGlwEKJ0BNg
    The video seems to have been made in New Zealand. A search showed a dot EU web site. The Maral does not seem to be a USA-available item, at this time.

I remember the Browning BPR, a pump-action development of the BAR, which was interesting, being marketed in the USA, though I never laid eyes or hands on one.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List