Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

My Gen4 has more of a rolling triggerpull/break than my Gen 3 Glocks. And whgile I'm not outright saying that thed polish triggerjobs are a waste of time, essentially the same thing is accomplished with properly lubricating the key interfacing surfaces and then the natural burnishing effect is accomplished within around 500 rounds of actual use.

There were reports of the finish of the Gen5 triggerbars flaking off prematurely, causing some adverse triggerpull characteristics; not sure where Glock is with that with current production examples. There are also apparently some internal component finishes made available to LEOs that are not available to the commercial market-even with identically labeled pistols (i.e., the "M" models) .

Best, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    They get gritty and crunchy and heavier.

New firing pin plunger, spring cups, and sometimes channel liner will clean it up if it’s not the plating on the trigger bar.
    My G17.5 is fairly low mileage at ~7,000 rounds. I had to replace the trigger bar at about the 5k mark, when the plating started to flake. Today, I had to replace the spring cups. Channel liner still looked good but the trigger now has noticeable stacking prior to the break (at least more than when the gun was newer.)

Does the trigger return spring influence this in any way? The little that I know is that the older Glock TRS were expansion springs versus the G5 TRS that is a compression spring.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post

Does the trigger return spring influence this in any way? The little that I know is that the older Glock TRS were expansion springs versus the G5 TRS that is a compression spring.
    That's a really good question. I'm going to my first basic Armorer's class in August, maybe I can ask GLOCK.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    My Gen4 has more of a rolling triggerpull/break than my Gen 3 Glocks. And whgile I'm not outright saying that thed polish triggerjobs are a waste of time, essentially the same thing is accomplished with properly lubricating the key interfacing surfaces and then the natural burnishing effect is accomplished within around 500 rounds of actual use.

There were reports of the finish of the Gen5 triggerbars flaking off prematurely, causing some adverse triggerpull characteristics; not sure where Glock is with that with current production examples. There are also apparently some internal component finishes made available to LEOs that are not available to the commercial market-even with identically labeled pistols (i.e., the "M" models) .

Best, Jon
    I have never seen a used Glock with proper lubrication with a trigger as good as one of my new Glocks after I finish trigger work and I have worked on more than 100 Glocks.

Gen 5 triggers have been the worst for me. All start off nice. All turn in to 3 stage triggers once they get some rounds on them.

Is there a consensus that it related to the plating of the parts or is it related to the new geometries?
    Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Gen 5 triggers have been the worst for me. All start off nice. All turn in to 3 stage triggers once they get some rounds on them.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Is there a consensus that it related to the plating of the parts or is it related to the new geometries?
    Not sure just something I’ve noticed.

I would love to find a vendor who could apply DLC to stock Glock trigger bars and connectors…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I would love to find a vendor who could apply DLC to stock Glock trigger bars and connectors…
    I had saved a few links to places that did coatings. One was Jabuie but the site is now down.

I can't remember if Ionbond is another term for DLC or a whole different thing, but these guys say they do small parts for $20.

https://www.evolutionarmory.com/ionbond

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That's a really good question. I'm going to my first basic Armorer's class in August, maybe I can ask GLOCK.
    And if you don’t mind, maybe you can ask them why the spring keeps wiggling loose off the extractor depressor assembly on the Slimlines. 🤣

User Tag List