Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

I received three Gen 5 17s with consecutive serial numbers directly from Glock. All three triggers had a distinctly different feel. But in my experience, it is not unique to the Gen 5. I’ve seen the same thing in consecutive pairs of Gen 3s and 4s. The only consecutive pair I’ve owned that felt the same was set of G44s.

When I go to buy a glock, I have the guys at the local shop pull out 3-4 examples and we all dry fire each one. I then pick the one with the best trigger. We’re pretty good friends, so they’re cool with that level of service.

One time I had no intention of buying a G19, but upon testing the trigger, I had to have it. The tolerances stack just right so that it feels like a custom trigger.

I’m required to carry an un modified gun, so getting a better trigger out of the box is more important than another person who can use aftermarket parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, but not just Gen5. Gen3 and Gen4, too, but my several Gen4 pistols were probably most likely to have been delivered with relatively consistent trigger pulls. (I have not used pre-Gen3.) As I see it, well, they are Glocks, with triggers designed to be merely “good enough for government work,” and not one bit better. And, being a government (PD) employee, until relatively recently, I had to learn to live with factory parts, that showed no evidence of having been given a “trigger job.”

As GJM indicated, a getting good, proper grip, on the weapon, is a way to equalize triggers.
    Last edited by Rex G; 06-15-2021 at 10:40 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I bought 3 Gen 5 Glocks all at once, and the triggers seem identical to me. I’m sensitive to trigger feel when dry firing, and have done more than one trigger job on 1911’s. The Glock trigger was something that seemed right from the factory, but that’s just me.

I have four Gen5s and the triggers were all wonderful out of the box, but as the round count creeps up past 5K on the trainer gun, the trigger is bad, bordering on terrible.

I’ve had the same experience with every Glock I’ve owned going back to a Gen2 17 I shot in USPSA until the slide cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I have four Gen5s and the triggers were all wonderful out of the box, but as the round count creeps up past 5K on the trainer gun, the trigger is bad, bordering on terrible.

I’ve had the same experience with every Glock I’ve owned going back to a Gen2 17 I shot in USPSA until the slide cracked.
    What goes bad in the triggers?

Also, do you just replace the fire control components when they start to go bad?

They get gritty and crunchy and heavier.

New firing pin plunger, spring cups, and sometimes channel liner will clean it up if it’s not the plating on the trigger bar.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    I have never felt a $0.25 trigger job actually change the feel of the trigger.

Glock triggers are inconsistent and generally get worse as they age
    This is the direct opposite of my experience with non-Gen5 triggers, but I've heard it about Gen5s on PF often enough that it can't be ascribed to coincidence.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

The stamped metal parts that rub together are situated to where the top edges of the cut side are facing towards each other. The rough edges don’t rub on anything.
    I have never felt a $0.25 trigger job actually change the feel of the trigger.

Glock triggers are inconsistent and generally get worse as they age
    Mine are pretty much the same and I find that the subjective trigger variation has decreased and more consistent than other polymer designs - CZ P-10, HK VP9, FN 509 (especially).

Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    When I go to buy a glock, I have the guys at the local shop pull out 3-4 examples and we all dry fire each one. I then pick the one with the best trigger. We’re pretty good friends, so they’re cool with that level of service.

One time I had no intention of buying a G19, but upon testing the trigger, I had to have it. The tolerances stack just right so that it feels like a custom trigger.

I’m required to carry an un modified gun, so getting a better trigger out of the box is more important than another person who can use aftermarket parts.

Same here. For the P-10 C they would go get all they had and I would select test groups then further select by trigger feel. When people shoot mine they are universally impressed with it.

User Tag List