Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Different trigger feel across gen 5 Glocks

Site Supporter
    My Glock universe is presently 6 (2 G3 34s. 2 G3 35s. 1 G1 17 and 1 G2 19). All of them have the OEM - connector with a 5.5 TRS. They all feel roughly the same though the two guns with the most rounds thru them (the training 35 and 34) are a bit smoother and lighter. On both the G1 17 and the G2 19, I had to mix and match a bit with connectors until they all felt close.

I am told in the early Glock Team Sevigny days, they would test fire fire control parts until they got an extra set on the gun they liked.They would bag said set(s) up and should a gun break something, they would remove out the offending part and all others and swap in the "matched" set to duplicate the feel of the trigger to the extent such can even be done with a gun like a Glock given its tolerances.

Bottom line- Glocks can have trigger feel difs, both inter and intra generational on otherwise identical guns. This opinion is shared by the staff of a KC Metro Police Training Academy where the range master would concur based on firing literally thousands of pistols since the area departments went all in on Glock 15 ish years ago.

Dry Fire. Live Fire. Grease/Lube and go. If trigger feel is really driving the train, perhaps the Glock is not your platform because no remotely safe Glock trigger, imho, is going to hold a candle to any decent SA trigger.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I love my Gen 5's, love the trigger.... but I don't have any that are high mileage (ty Covid ammo prices). I have heard of longevity issues with Gen 5 Glocks but I don't know enough about it to offer an opinion. I wonder if something like an NP3 coating to the internals would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy1 View Post
    I love my Gen 5's, love the trigger.... but I don't have any that are high mileage (ty Covid ammo prices). I have heard of longevity issues with Gen 5 Glocks but I don't know enough about it to offer an opinion. I wonder if something like an NP3 coating to the internals would help.

In my experience, it’s not a Gen5 issue. It’s always been an issue. I had a Gen3 17 that ate trigger bars every couple cases of ammo, even after being completely rebuilt several times.

I’ve been around high round count Glocks for 20 years and haven’t seen on that got better with polishing or use. At best they stay the same. I think people get used to them.

I had Robar do a couple sets of internals in NP3 back in ‘17 and they’re still going strong.

Are the Apex trigger offerings NP3 coated? I have been looking at their parts and am intrigued. Are they SCD Gadget compatible and do they have any benefits? I am open to other aftermarket triggers but they must be SCD compatible if anyone has recommendations. I have just been swapping out factory Glock parts until my triggers feel better. Some of my guns don't need it but the majority of my Gen 5's do.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Are the Apex trigger offerings NP3 coated? I have been looking at their parts and am intrigued. Are they SCD Gadget compatible and do they have any benefits? I am open to other aftermarket triggers but they must be SCD compatible if anyone has recommendations. I have just been swapping out factory Glock parts until my triggers feel better. Some of my guns don't need it but the majority of my Gen 5's do.
    The Apex trigger kit I put in my G34.5 a couple months ago appears to be a standard OEM Glock trigger and trigger bar, with an Apex shoe. I do like the flat face as opposed to the more rounded Glock bladed trigger safety one.

The Apex connector that came with the kit appears to be identical to OEM, but is simply stamped "Apex" on it. I don't have a picture of the trigger and trigger bar but I did grab one of the connector before install:

Name:  IMG_7920.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  37.7 KB

I have previously had Overwatch trigger and trigger bars on a G19.5, a G43X, and a G48; all of which had SCDs at one point or another and had no issues with the SCD/functionality. At least one of the trigger groups I bought was NP3 coated, trigger and trigger bar, connector, and plunger, IIRC. I could detect no change due to the plating. All of the difference was in the geometry of the trigger shoe.

I am currently running an SCD with Glock OEM parts in my G48 for carry. Sample of one person, YMMV and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I am currently running an SCD with Glock OEM parts in my G48 for carry. Sample of one person, YMMV and all that.
    What OEM parts are you running if it's not the factory set up? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    What OEM parts are you running if it's not the factory set up? Thanks.
    I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking? Glock OEM parts, I.e. what came in the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking? Glock OEM parts, I.e. what came in the gun?
    Okay. I know that some guys change around different trigger parts such as connectors, trigger bars, trigger shoes and such but they are still Glock parts.

I was just curious as to if you had swapped any parts to get the trigger feel you were looking for. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Okay. I know that some guys change around different trigger parts such as connectors, trigger bars, trigger shoes and such but they are still Glock parts.

I was just curious as to if you had swapped any parts to get the trigger feel you were looking for. Thanks!
    Ah! Gotcha. For sure just original Glock parts. Well, less the SCD of course but I won’t carry a Glock without one.

On topic, the shortage must be affecting spares because getting trigger bars or connectors to try and swap out is kinda hard these days. I had to find a different source for my RSA for instance. Only Midwest Gun Works had them.

[QUOTE=RJ;1234506]The Apex trigger kit I put in my G34.5 a couple months ago appears to be a standard OEM Glock trigger and trigger bar, with an Apex shoe. I do like the flat face as opposed to the more rounded Glock bladed trigger safety one.

The Apex connector that came with the kit appears to be identical to OEM, but is simply stamped "Apex" on it. I don't have a picture of the trigger and trigger bar but I did grab one of the connector before install:

Name:  IMG_7920.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  37.7 KB

I have previously had Overwatch trigger and trigger bars on a G19.5, a G43X, and a G48; all of which had SCDs at one point or another and had no issues with the SCD/functionality. At least one of the trigger groups I bought was NP3 coated, trigger and trigger bar, connector, and plunger, IIRC. I could detect no change due to the plating. All of the difference was in the geometry of the trigger shoe.

I am currently running an SCD with Glock OEM parts in my G48 for carry. Sample of one person, YMMV and all that.[/QUOTE

Almost all aftermarket triggers start with an OEM trigger bar and the APEX connectors are not OEM Glock connectors.

User Tag List