Thread: Dpp and factory FN 509

Dpp and factory FN 509

I had taken my dpp off of my middy and went to reinstall. I had checked the screw engagement because when I originally mounted the plate it felt like their was not a lot.

I hope this makes sense. But in the pic the amount of thread length below the optic is how much engagement you get into the slide. The red line on the screw is how much you could get with a proper length screw. That is a substantial difference.

Also putting vibra tite or whatever flavor on the screw is pointless unless it’s on the very end since you have no thread engagement above that point.

The factory plate is a good design. Best for factory optic mounted IMO. But I do like how much play is in the front recoil bosses on the dpp adapter plate to the dpp. There is quite a bit of side to side movement. Well, I’m a redneck and just blue loctited the plate onto the dpp perfectly centered. I know. I know. It works though….

I pre ordered the chpws plate months ago. They never came out and after the bad experiences and a close friend having bad experiences I cancelled the order. I believe they are now finally out. But am hesitant to try one.

I believe if I could source some proper screws my factory plate will do just fine, with the slight modification.

The 509 middy has been a damn fine gun. Just have the apex extractor and striker installed. It is a laser and been 100% reliable. Jmck built me a proper rig for it and that has made it a great carry gun. I understand the reservations about buying one. Holsters are hard to come by, mags, etc. but slowly they are coming out. And I believe jmck has a proper mold for a tlr7/509 after making mine. It’s a good pistola if you are looking to try something and not by a G lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proper screws are a critical part of mounting an optic, and they often don't get the attention they should by manufacturers.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Proper screws are a critical part of mounting an optic, and they often don't get the attention they should by manufacturers.
    It’s sad when you think of how much r&d was put into the system itself. I know you have seen these issues more than the vast majority of people.

My first optics pistol was a first run Gen 5 g19 with a atei direct mill rmr2. Still to date my most reliable and bulletproof optics pistol. Torqued the supplied screws to proper torque and basically forgot about em.

And this is not something you can run to your local fastener joint and pick up. They need the proper bevel to seat correctly in the optics. Originally was curious to see what chpws was offering with their plates for screws. But lots of horror stories poking up their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List