Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Goon Tape

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    How has the Goon Tape been holding up? Still using it?
    It really depends on how much you handle the gun. If you drifire daily with it it may last a month, if it’s not handled a lot obviously it will last longer. You really don’t need a ton on your grip to help and it’s not permanent so it’s very easy to replace. It’s basically like tapping a baseball bat, if you’ve ever done that. Howie’s is basically the exact same thing but it’s not like Goon is charging a premium for their tape. I bought some just to play with and ended up really liking it so it’s on all my pistols. It’s cheap enough to try and it doesn’t do anything permanent to your weapon so what do you have to loose.

How has the Goon Tape been holding up? Still using it?
    I never really gave it a fair shake. I put it on one Glock and didn't really love the feel and ended up taking it back off before trying it at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    Howie’s is basically the exact same thing but it’s not like Goon is charging a premium for their tape.
    Howie's is $3.29, Goon is eight bucks. You do the math.

In the big scheme of things, of course this is trivial. I spend more than that difference on ammo for a single USPSA stage.

But don't tell me it's raining and all that

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mfbpt View Post
    It really depends on how much you handle the gun. If you drifire daily with it it may last a month, if it’s not handled a lot obviously it will last longer. You really don’t need a ton on your grip to help and it’s not permanent so it’s very easy to replace. It’s basically like tapping a baseball bat, if you’ve ever done that. Howie’s is basically the exact same thing but it’s not like Goon is charging a premium for their tape. I bought some just to play with and ended up really liking it so it’s on all my pistols. It’s cheap enough to try and it doesn’t do anything permanent to your weapon so what do you have to loose.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I never really gave it a fair shake. I put it on one Glock and didn't really love the feel and ended up taking it back off before trying it at the range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Howie's is $3.29, Goon is eight bucks. You do the math.

In the big scheme of things, of course this is trivial. I spend more than that difference on ammo for a single USPSA stage.

But don't tell me it's raining and all that
    I read a hiliarous review of Goon Tape on Redditt and was about to buy some. Decided I'd check here. Thank you.
    --Jason--

HOWIES HOCKEY TAPE
    .27 a yd
    Can find locally
    Only white and black 1.5in width
    Multiple color options 1in width

GOON TAPE
    .33 a yd
    Only 1.5in width
    Mostly black with limited runs of gray, od and tan
    Swag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    HOWIES HOCKEY TAPE
    .27 a yd
    Can find locally
    Only white and black 1.5in width
    Multiple color options 1in width

GOON TAPE
    .33 a yd
    Only 1.5in width
    Mostly black with limited runs of gray, od and tan
    Swag

The Howies website has a few colors in 1.5". I ordered black and orange to try. $17.78 shipped because I saved 10% for being a new customer($1.19).
    --Jason--

The Howies website has a few colors in 1.5". I ordered black and orange to try. $17.78 shipped because I saved 10% for being a new customer($1.19).
    Cloth tape only shows black and white in 1.5. They have their pro grip tape 1.5 in different colors but only 10yd lengths. Link?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paperman View Post
    Cloth tape only shows black and white in 1.5. They have their pro grip tape 1.5 in different colors but only 10yd lengths. Link?

Then I ordered the wrong tape.
    Well, I'll try it anyways
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    They must have known I was not wrapping hockey sticks with it and tossed in a roll of white tape.

Name:  20230326_000335.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  88.8 KB
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    First wrap test. I added extra on the back grip to get a faux razorback grip. I like it but I should have bought the 1" width since I use the large backstrap. I could have covered lower on the back part.
    Name:  20230326_133502.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  100.7 KB
    --Jason--

User Tag List