Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Great one and only concealed 9mm for Medium Sized Hand?

That’s pretty funny

When I took my wife to shoot her new 48, I saw several mini-Sigs in the case. I think she held one, at my insistence, but just kept saying “but I like my Glock”.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm just going to quote these two magnificent posts again before making this additional observation:

Mrs. RJ (subcompact 5'2" ball of fire) recently sold her P365 because she didn't enjoy shooting it, saying it was "too small". She's recently been tagging along on range sessions and has had excellent results with my G34 MOS with the M beaver tail, oddly enough. She was drilling the center of a 4" circle at 7 yards. We had a brief conversation about the new Shield Plus, and she emphatically refused to even look at it, unless she could shoot one as a rental. And then just this week, she shot my new G19 MOS with no backstraps and liked it so much it was claimed as "her new range gun".
    If at all possible, find a rental range that has a Shield Plus for your wife to try. While the Shield and the Shield Plus look almost the same size, there is a noticeable difference in how they feel when you shoot them. She might have a totally different opinion about the Plus over the original Shield. I shot two magazines through a friend’s Plus and I was sold. Bought my own that week.

Your story of how YOUR Glock 19 MOS was appropriated away from you is one familiar to many here, I’m sure. Let us know when you are able to get a replacement G19 MOS.

Quote Originally Posted by spazatak View Post
    I recommend the beautiful stainless DW Pointman 9mm in the photo. Be honest with yourself, its your money and your choice. You may as well get a pistol you really want.

Just buy some ammo, put a couple of drops of good gun oil on the frame rails and go for it!

Personally for myself I'd get a G19 MOS but I'm working from a different point of reference
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

The S&W Shield 9mm EZ would fit the bill unless you require 15 rounds of ammo. Only problem with mine is that it shoots a tad low. Would fit the bill for self defense tho for a torso shot.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I'm just going to quote these two magnificent posts again before making this additional observation:

Mrs. RJ (subcompact 5'2" ball of fire) recently sold her P365 because she didn't enjoy shooting it, saying it was "too small". She's recently been tagging along on range sessions and has had excellent results with my G34 MOS with the M beaver tail, oddly enough. She was drilling the center of a 4" circle at 7 yards. We had a brief conversation about the new Shield Plus, and she emphatically refused to even look at it, unless she could shoot one as a rental. And then just this week, she shot my new G19 MOS with no backstraps and liked it so much it was claimed as "her new range gun".
    Congratulations to Mrs. RJ on her new blaster!

Time to resurrect my old thread.. Apparently I had my notifications off. Sorry

Hello folks..

Its been a while now because Ive had a benelli nova with 00 Buckshot in the mag at the head of my bed.. But it's my only fire arm, and difficult to mount a light and impossible to carry around. So Ive been jonesing a G48MOS for a while now but my LGS cant, or wont get them.. So I finally got my Iowa permit to acquire so I can order this elusive beast online.

I found this G48MOS, but I'm not sure if the extra's are the best choice these days..

I'm the buy once cry once type, so how should I go about this? A old coworkers son is a FFL, so should I call him and have him build it for me with what you folks recommend? Or just order from omaha and have it shipped to him? I need the whole nine yards.. Ammo, holster and cleaning kit, but researching the entire project takes time which is difficult considering I'm a starving DIY bachelor who owns two junk properties.

Thanks again!
    And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Quote Originally Posted by spazatak View Post
    Hello folks..

Its been a while now because Ive had a benelli nova with 00 Buckshot in the mag at the head of my bed.. But it's my only fire arm, and difficult to mount a light and impossible to carry around. So Ive been jonesing a G48MOS for a while now but my LGS cant, or wont get them.. So I finally got my Iowa permit to acquire so I can order this elusive beast online.

I found this G48MOS, but I'm not sure if the extra's are the best choice these days..

I'm the buy once cry once type, so how should I go about this? A old coworkers son is a FFL, so should I call him and have him build it for me with what you folks recommend? Or just order from omaha and have it shipped to him? I need the whole nine yards.. Ammo, holster and cleaning kit, but researching the entire project takes time which is difficult considering I'm a starving DIY bachelor who owns two junk properties.

Thanks again!
    Personally, I would go with a plain old out of the box stock G48 if that’s the model you want - I like PMM’s stuff, but not for a primary carry pistol.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm a Glock junkie but if I was starting over today I would strongly consider the Sig P365 or P365XL. The 365 series is becoming very modular, especially with the newest Macro offering that just released. With a 365 FCU in hand and some extra cash for grip frames and possibly new slides, you could have one pistol that could hold 10, 12, 15, or 17 rounds and a 3" or 4" barrel, and be able to drop in red dots or WML's. Plus the accessory market isn't at Glock levels yet but it keeps getting stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Personally, I would go with a plain old out of the box stock G48 if that’s the model you want - I like PMM’s stuff, but not for a primary carry pistol.
    Thanks, but the stock g48 doesn't have the rail for a light. I don't really need the optics for self defense, but I need the light.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I'm a Glock junkie but if I was starting over today I would strongly consider the Sig P365 or P365XL. The 365 series is becoming very modular, especially with the newest Macro offering that just released. With a 365 FCU in hand and some extra cash for grip frames and possibly new slides, you could have one pistol that could hold 10, 12, 15, or 17 rounds and a 3" or 4" barrel, and be able to drop in red dots or WML's. Plus the accessory market isn't at Glock levels yet but it keeps getting stronger.
    Thanks. Maybe I need to go back the my LGS and hold the 365xl and g48 again, but side by side. What I like about the single stack 1911 and g48 is the smaller grip for my small hand. Yes I wish I could shot them side by side.

This guy gave the nod to the 365xl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyXmvzCtGA
    And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I know I previously responded to this thread when it first popped up and recommended Glocks (either the 19 or the 26), but now that we’re a year down the road, I’m also leaning towards the P365 series. I’m a huge fan of Glocks from an institutional end user standpoint. They’re inexpensive, accurate enough, very reliable, very easy to perform armorer level maintenance, and most importantly, they’re ubiquitous and it’s easy to find accessories and support. If I had to equip a law enforcement agency, I’d grab Glocks in a heartbeat. I’ve been carrying them for so long and have amassed so many spare magazines and holsters that I tend to default to them.

If my personal handguns were all destroyed in a fire tomorrow and I had to rebuild my little armory with the insurance money, I’d probably go with a couple of P365s. I would get two P365XLs and one P365X (the newer versions with the optics cut plate separate from the rear iron sights). One XL would become my primary carry gun and the X, with the addition of a 10-round P365 grip module, would be my backup gun. I would mount a Macro grip module to the second XL and it would be my dry practice and competition gun if I felt like competing. All three guns would be optics ready and the XL would be able to mount a TLR7 sub or other tiny light while the Macro would be able to run a real WML. I’d grab a bunch of spare magazines, mostly the 15 round ones, and a couple of holsters and be set.

If you’re only going to own one handgun, a P365XL is tough to beat. It is a great carry gun and I’d be incredibly surprised if the OP can’t get a full 3-finger grip on it. My pinky doesn’t hand off the front of an XL grip and I have similar sized hands to the OP (medium gloves in every brand I’ve tried). If the OP decides he doesn’t want to carry a pistol, just buy a Macro sized grip module and some 17 round mags, throw a normal sized weapon light on it, and now you’ve got a solid nightstand/home defense/competition pistol. Because the fire control group is the serialized portion, it’s the most modular family of firearms out there. Add a Holosun EPS Carry and it’s a solid one-and-done gun.

I don’t even like Sig as a company and I don’t like the P320 series that much but the P365 is fire.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List