Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Great one and only concealed 9mm for Medium Sized Hand?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I’m not in your area, of course, so I don’t know what your local market is like, but I’m not sure it’s as bad as all that to find a desirable gun.
    It’s definitely not terrible here. Just based on seeing CVO’s inventory about once a week, the Sig 365 series and full range of S&W semiauto options are pretty readily available. The ones that get sold are quickly replaced, so the supply chain for those seems mostly caught up, at least for the local demand. That’s not all that’s available but it’s what I recall seeing a lot of

Ammo of course is the problem. I can’t remember the last time I saw 9mm on the shelf. Only just recently there has been a bit of .38spl and .45.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Truthfully, in most cases for most users, the exact gun doesn’t matter too much.
    Sorry I'm one of those everything or nothing types and dont want to regret what ever I buy..

I found a Dan Wesson pointman 9mm down the street from me Im going to check out now..
    And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Quote Originally Posted by spazatak View Post
    Sorry I'm one of those everything or nothing types and dont want to regret what ever I buy..

I found a Dan Wesson pointman 9mm down the street from me Im going to check out now..
    I have to be realistic about whats available right now locally. My time line is end of august, and no one can guarantee me they can get anything in two months.

Here's the only single stack 9mm full size pistols i can actually get my hands on locally. About 150 more than online, but hey.. I like supporting my local businesses and you cant spend it after you've passed..

Which one?

Name:  IMG_1296.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  62.9 KB
    And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Quote Originally Posted by spazatak View Post
    I have to be realistic about whats available right now locally. My time line is end of august, and no one can guarantee me they can get anything in two months.

Here's the only single stack 9mm full size pistols i can actually get my hands on locally. About 150 more than online, but hey.. I like supporting my local businesses and you cant spend it after you've passed..

Which one?

Name:  IMG_1296.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  62.9 KB
    Of those two, the one on the right is your best bet. They're both stainless, but the one on the right has DWs Duty finish, their name for ferretic nitrocarburizing. The finish wears like iron and increases the surface hardness of the steel. The Duty Coat DWs don't have the galling issues the bare stainless DWs do from time to time. It's well worth the extra cost.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    This has got to be a troll, right?
    I...don’t think so? OP describes his goal as “...I don't want anything flashy bling bling. Just a super reliable, accurate no frills, minimalist semi auto pistol that fits my hand like a medium glove.”

Looks like he’s leaning towards a DW 9mm. I know zip about 1911s but doesn’t DW have a good reputation for reliability? Sounds like that’s all he can find local to him.

Split thread for discussion of tin foil and other things
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....iner-Fuellmich
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Split thread for discussion of tin foil and other things
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....iner-Fuellmich
    FWIW it’s not the tinfoil I thought was a troll.

It was the fact that the OP asked a bunch of questions, got a bunch of advice (effectively “buy one of these three polymer striker#fired guns or variants thereof”), and then did a Crazy Ivan turn because he knows better and the people here he asked for opinions must be idiots.

Then there’s the fact that he sis “Ive narrowed in down to full size single stack DA/SA pistolsl the posted pictures of two 1911s…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

What Rob said!

Spazatak, what ever you do don't buy a 1911. 1911s are for experienced users and you are not experienced. Even some experienced shooters cannot keep a 1911 running over time. They are low capacity and very sensitive to magazines.

A S&W M&P9 compact would be a very good choice for you.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

Lots of good advice here, but it's pistolforum so what does one expect? My .02 is to try as many as possible before buying.

Can't believe nobody has said it yet so I will.

HK P30. Same basic size as a G19 and utterly bomb proof as long as you run full power loads. They are spec'd for NATO loadings so some of the 115 grain bulk stuff will choke them. My two (P30 and P30L) are good with any quality 124 or heavier name brand loading. You can also get variations on trigger and safeties for what you want.

I'll also second the M&P 2.0 Compact. M&P ergos just work for me.

User Tag List