Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This popped up on facebook

This popped up on facebook

This diatribe has me shaking my head.

I believe I've read that the use of AR-pattern rifles in violent crimes is staggeringly low, taken as part of the whole of gun violence, am I mistaken in that? I know there's folks here who can answer that question better than I.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

It's lower than the chances Jason Alexander will be taken for having meaningful commentary about current events. Fair enough?
    I do my best proofreading after I hit "Send"

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyC View Post
    It's lower than the chances Jason Alexander will be taken for having meaningful commentary about current events. Fair enough?
    I'd agree with you, but this has resonated with several people I know, well enough that they shared it.

What people fail to understand is that there truly is evil in this world. Evil men will do what they do best, and use whatever tools they have.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What people fail to understand is that there truly is evil in this world. Evil men will do what they do best, and use whatever tools they have.
    The thing that baffles me is that this rant acknowledges that:

Let them bring baseball bats, knives, even machetes --- a mob can deal with that.

Let them bring baseball bats, knives, even machetes --- a mob can deal with that.
    This is not borne out by history. Nor does it help much when the mob is the bad guy...

-C

Millions of dead in Africa contradict that statement.
    The machete killed more in Rwanda than the AK47 did.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I find it funny how he says That ARs have more accuracy, range and lethality than "standard hunting rifles" (false in most cases), then claims ARs have no advantage over standard hunting rifles.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Good thing he didn't bring five gallons of gas.

I hate to sound like a crazy... but I don't have my AR's for hunting. I don't even really have them for sport.

I have them so I can defend myself and those I care about against anyone or anything that could cause them harm.

To me, this is a concept that most of the anti-high cap gun people simply cannot accept. The constitution doesn't say you can have guns in order to go hunting every fall. The founding fathers intended a well armed population to be impossible to be tyrannized by an over reaching government or invading army.

The reason my gun doesn't look like a hunting rifle, is because it's not made for hunting.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

User Tag List