Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Site Supporter
    He might have gotten shot, but he didn’t get schwacked....

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...bc0c13e47.html

Alex Murdaugh called his brother, Randy, to report the shooting around 2:15 p.m., Griffin said. Alex Murdaugh was airlifted to the Medical University of South Carolina hospital, where he is being treated.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    I would really like to see a pic of this superficial wound.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Thanks to the OP for posting this one.

Article about the handling of the case by SLED with some additional links at the end of the article.

link
    By linking to this article, the implication is that they think that one or more of the Murdaughs were involved in the fatal hit-skip of another person in 2015.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    By linking to this article, the implication is that they think that one or more of the Murdaughs were involved in the fatal hit-skip of another person in 2015.
    There's a lot going on in that family tree. Hopefully they can shake it hard and get somebody to flip.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I wouldn't discount the possibility this is some sort of domestic issue. Personally, I tend to think it is more than likely. Lots of speculation in those articles, and the media is going to media. While it would make for a great classic revenge novel/movie, in my experience these speculations are generally the stuff of pulp fiction.

This gets curiouser: The local prosecutor stepped down from the case a few days ago without giving a reason.

If I had to guess and read between the lines, it would seem that dad was snacking on the firm's trust account. Because that's what lawyers who embezzle money from their firms tend to do.

The Provenza Rule seems to be coming into play ("It's always the husband, it's always the husband, it's always the husband.")
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    This gets curiouser:
    The local prosecutor stepped down from the case a few days ago without giving a reason.

If I had to guess and read between the lines, it would seem that dad was snacking on the firm's trust account. Because that's what lawyers who embezzle money from their firms tend to do.

The Provenza Rule seems to be coming into play ("It's always the husband, it's always the husband, it's always the husband.")
    Have you seen where his estate paid a rather large sum of money to a house keeper’s family because she happened to to fall and kill herself while at work a couple of years ago?

My theory since this latest shooting has been he had both his wife and son killed because the latter was wanting a divorce and could air a bunch of dirty laundry on his finances and the son had brought too much heat and shame to the family.

I wouldn’t be surprised if this latest very convient shooting was fake.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatfield–McCoy_feud

Rednecks are quick to anger, prone to violence, and immune to remorse. It’s in our Scots-Irish blood.

Okie John
    Not to mention, Scots-Irish once crossed will wait years if need be to exact revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Not to mention, Scots-Irish once crossed will wait years if need be to exact revenge.
    You've heard of Irish Alzheimer's... that's where you forget everything except your grudges.

Not just them, though. We used to joke that my dad won the gold medal in grudge-holding in the 1948 Olympics. To the day he died, he wouldn't give a penny to the Red Cross, because when he was in the Army and teaching at a demining school in Texas, he was dating a Donut Dolly. When her bosses learned of the affair, they sent her home, because it was forbidden for their girls to date enlisted men, but it was permitted to date officers.

So a few years ago, the Red Cross called my sister and asked for a donation. She told them "we don't give to the Red Cross." The telemarketer asked why and my sister told the story. The telemarketer said: "Wow, you people really know how to hold a grudge."

I have found the penchant for revenge, whether immediate or down the road, is pretty much a universal human trait...with no nationality or ethnic group having a particular claim.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold" has been attributed to various cultures over the past several hundred years. I think that sums up pretty well who we are as a species.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List