Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Has anybody been following the trial for this case very closely? The Prosecution rested Friday and the defense goes to work tomorrow. I’ve read a bit about what has been presented so far, but not enough to really speak much about it other than saying that the video taken at the kennels (iirc) @8:44 with Alex Murdaugh’s voice in it and the GPS data from his onstar seem pretty sus.
    I was interested in the fact that he changed clothes sometime between before the shootings and when the cops arrived. He said he checked the bodies, but he hd no trace of blood on him.

On the other hand, I didn't care for the prosecution parading a bunch of guns before the jury that had nothing to do with the shootings. He was a rich guy in rural SC who owned lots of guns... knock me over with a feather. I would not be surprised to learn that he had enough guns to mount a coup in a small Latin American nation.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I find it interesting and don’t quite understand why the jury isn’t allowed to take notes. I don’t know how common this is, but shit, how’s anybody supposed to remember 4-5 weeks worth of a trial depending on how long the defense takes to present their case.

Maybe one of our in house consigliere could explain that one to me.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 02-20-2023 at 09:04 PM.

I find it interesting and don’t quite understand why the jury isn’t allowed to take notes. I don’t know how common this is, but shit how’s anybody supposed to remember 4-5 weeks worth of a trial depending on how long the defense takes to present their case.

I’m been doing some part time bailiff work since I retired. We just finished what turned out to be a six day murder trial. The judge typically does not allow note taking on one or two day trials but usually does for longer ones.

Site Supporter
    My wife watches the trial on live stream daily and we've been following the whole twisted ordeal for a few years.

We don't live in the area of the state but have met some of the families and players involved.

I think he's guilty of pretty much everything but Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance and the kidnapping of the Lindberg baby.

He is a personal injury attorney (and not a seemingly very bright one) but apparently knows enough to effectively ditch the weapons and clothes but not enough to consider cell and vehicle telemetry and GPS or to not blatantly try to pressure people into lying for his alibi.

I'm not legal expert but it seems a pretty strong circumstantial case and I hope he gets the chair.

I find it interesting and don’t quite understand why the jury isn’t allowed to take notes. I don’t know how common this is, but shit, how’s anybody supposed to remember 4-5 weeks worth of a trial depending on how long the defense takes to present their case.

I'm giving that one a head tilt as well.

I just sat on a jury for a two-day Child Molest 2 an Incest 2 trail and took notes the whole time, even though I didn't really need to.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

A bit OT, but, yeah. If it’s important, it’s worth note taking. I take notes if I have to remember anything for 5 or 10 minutes, myself. [/shrug]
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    On the other hand, I didn't care for the prosecution parading a bunch of guns before the jury that had nothing to do with the shootings.
    And here I thought the prosecution could not use the mere exercising of constitutional rights as evidence against you?

He has a lawyer! What kind of man hides behind a lawyer?! A guilty man!

He did not let the police search him! What kind of man doesn't let the police search?! A guilty man!

He demanded a speedy jury trial! What kind of man demands a speedy jury trial?! A guilty man!

He demanded to question his accuser! What kind of man makes his accuser relive trauma?! A guilty man!

He registered to vote as a Republican! Only insurrecting domestic terrorists register as Republican!

He owned firearms! What kind of man owns firearms?! A guilty man!

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    And here I thought the prosecution could not use the mere exercising of constitutional rights as evidence against you?

He has a lawyer! What kind of man hides behind a lawyer?! A guilty man!

He did not let the police search him! What kind of man doesn't let the police search?! A guilty man!

He demanded a speedy jury trial! What kind of man demands a speedy jury trial?! A guilty man!

He demanded to question his accuser! What kind of man makes his accuser relive trauma?! A guilty man!

He registered to vote as a Republican! Only insurrecting domestic terrorists register as Republican!

He owned firearms! What kind of man owns firearms?! A guilty man!
    Did the prosecution actually say any of these things in this case, or are you just spouting off?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    Did the prosecution actually say any of these things in this case, or are you just spouting off?
    Any defense attorney or judge who might allow such would be run out on a rail.

(Weasel worded implications are another thing...)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Racoon View Post
    Yes, the prosecutor paraded around all of the defendant's guns as if gun ownership implies guilt (none of the guns were linked to the crime).

User Tag List