Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Yes. That is the beauty of it. A murder mystery where only one person has a motive is boring. A mystery where a bunch of people have a motive? You can keep people up all night reading “one more chapter” with that.
    Murder on the Orient Express, anyone??

Exactly. This has the possibility to have more twists and turns than Chubby Checker in a blender!!

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Apparently Murdaugh hired a hitman, who botched it.

"Richard Alex Murdaugh conspired with Curtis Edward Smith in the area of Old Salkehatchie Road, for the purpose of Mr. Smith assisting Mr. Murdaugh to commit suicide," the affidavit alleges. "Mr. Murdaugh provided Mr. Smith with a firearm and directed Mr. Smith to shoot him in the head for the purpose of causing Mr. Murdaugh's death and allowing for the payment of a stated death benefit."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/murdaugh-...a-man-arrested
    Good help is so hard to find these days…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

This is gonna make one hell of a mini series when it's all over. Alex Murdaugh is gonna be a popular Halloween costume in a couple years.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    This is gonna make one hell of a mini series when it's all over. Alex Murdaugh is gonna be a popular Halloween costume in a couple years.
    "Southern Gothic" at its inbred best.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

"Richard Alex Murdaugh conspired with Curtis Edward Smith in the area of Old Salkehatchie Road, for the purpose of Mr. Smith assisting Mr. Murdaugh to commit suicide," the affidavit alleges. "Mr. Murdaugh provided Mr. Smith with a firearm and directed Mr. Smith to shoot him in the head for the purpose of causing Mr. Murdaugh's death and allowing for the payment of a stated death benefit."

I had not imagined this scenario, but, I am not the least bit surprised.

I had certainly thought that this Alex character may have hired a hit man/team for the incident at the kennels, and this may yet be found to be so.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

You had one job, Curtis. One. Job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkbite View Post
    Murder on the Orient Express, anyone??

Exactly. This has the possibility to have more twists and turns than Chubby Checker in a blender!!
    We're at the point where if I had drafted this out as a plot to one of my books I'd be sitting there looking at my legal pad with a tumbler of Wild Turkey in my hand thinking "maybe this is a little much."

I'm from a corrupt, Appalachian backwoods, hillbilly mafia type of county just like this one and while I have no idea what is going to happen next in this little saga, I can be certain there are people all over that area that are shitting kittens because they are lashed up with this bunch, and they are afraid their little schemes are going to come to light.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    He looks pretty good for a guy who got shot in the head.

Name:  1000.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  25.8 KB

Murdaugh was booked today on multiple felony charges.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I would have expected Murdaugh to have killed the supposed "hit man" in order to show he was an intended victim and potentially through suspicion off of himself in the deaths of his wife and son.

For the intent of this crime all that had to happen was the hit man to walk up and offer help then put the gun to Murdaugh's head and pull the trigger. Contact shot. This all seems way more entailed then needed for a fake murder to cover an intended suicide for the insurance pay off.

My wife knows some people in the area. She asked them and of course they claim to have some insight but claim they "aren't saying anything".

In my experience this area is full of big fish in a small pond who are overly dramatic in a desire for attention.

So he hired a drug dealer to kill him and the drug dealer botched it up. Obviously he hired the wrong drug dealer. He would have been netter off to have hired a dedicated Sopranos fan.

Site Supporter
    All he had to do was screw over the right drug dealer and they'd have taken care of the hit for him.

User Tag List