Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Crazy murder case in South Carolina

I have not watched the trial but I watched the documentary the other night. The entire ordeal is unreal yet having lived in South Ga my entire life I can’t say I’m surprised

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Yes, the prosecutor paraded around all of the defendant's guns as if gun ownership implies guilt (none of the guns were linked to the crime).
    So the prosecutor literally said none of the things in your laundry lists. Got it.

Murdaugh’s access to firearms (which were plentiful and poorly accounted for by the Murdaughs) is part of the case. You can not like it, but expect the prosecutor to talk about the accused’s access to firearms in a double homicide carried out with two different weapons.

That’s nothing like your claim that the prosecutor implied or said “what type of man would have firearms? A guilty man!”

Show me the statement were the prosecutor implied that gun ownership implies guilt - or we will just close this as you spouting off.
    Last edited by Rocky Racoon; 02-28-2023 at 05:32 PM.

I’m no legal genius, but I cannot see a line of argument along the lines of “what kind of man owns all these guns” playing well for the State in *checks notes* South Carolina. I thus deduce that that wasn’t really the point of holding up all those guns.

Student
    God, this closing.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

GUILTY!!

Jury was out for three hours before returning a verdict of guilty on both murders.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Stephanie beat me to it.

Guilty on all charges.

Sentencing tomorrow at 9:30am EST

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Jury was out for three hours before returning a verdict of guilty on both murders.
    Pretty short for such a lengthy trial.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Pretty short for such a lengthy trial.
    Elect a foreman, stretch a little, have some coffee, make small talk while people hit the bathrooms and then take a test vote to see how people are leaning.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    I didn’t even bother checking the news sites tonight because I figured it might take a couple of days or even be a hung jury.

Now we get to see what kind of dirty laundry comes out in the financial crimes trials and what else gets shaken out of that tree.

Site Supporter
    I saw a report where they had dinner brought in as well.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

User Tag List