Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clarke Softballer to Hardballer?

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I've decided no hardball. If it was my gun I'd make the changes needed and then run hardball. But it's not. Too much risk to such a fine piece.

Gonna shoot it at 90 yards this weekend with softball.

Cat
    You're a good man. How about loading up some old school softball rounds?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I probably will. I'd have to cast and then tear down my press which is set up for .38 and build it up for .45. I've got all ingredients of course (I'm such a sucker for a .45). But it's probably the answer in the long run. It's a sweet ol' girl.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    I've decided no hardball. If it was my gun I'd make the changes needed and then run hardball. But it's not. Too much risk to such a fine piece.

Gonna shoot it at 90 yards this weekend with softball.

Cat
    Not my pistol nor my decision, but I happen to agree. If it was a matter of having no other pistols and no chance of getting another, running hardball may have been worth the risk. But that is not the world we inhabit, recent shortages to the contrary.

Quite so. I'm a pistolsmith so I could easily remove the three 6x40 screws holding the rib down and replace them with 10x32s. Change out the trigger/sear and re-spring the old girl and she'd run hardball fine I'm sure. And since I'm an old man whose first shortage was the primer scare of '92 and I learned from it I'm good on that end. I might have one or two other pistols too.

I never met the man that Clark built the gun for but he shot it enough that it had to be re-built by Clark 23 years later. My friend who owns it was friends with the owner. They hunted together for 50 or so years. My friend keeps saying that he should sell it to me and then immediately looks sad. So then I change the subject.

Cat

User Tag List