Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comped glock 26 versus 19? Or, mini fauxland special vs 19

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Since January I've shot right at 3000 rounds of assorted "cheap" practice 9mm and another 250 rounds of assorted +P and +P+ carry ammo split fairly evenly between a 19x and a 26.5 both with Mayhem Syndicate comps and factory recoil springs.
    Zero malfunctions and noticeably flatter recoil impulses on both.
    I shot many thousands of rounds through a competition gun without any malfunctions or issues.

Loaned it to a range noob who promptly had successive FTFs and jams because the spring was too stiff for his mechanics but not for mine.

PMM is local to me, so I see a few around, including the owner who shoots a few local matches. He claims, and the other customers' performance supports, that decent quality standard pressure 115fmj will run his comps with stock recoil springs without issue. I don't pretend to know much about the engineering, but many of the competing designs have both side and top ports, while his are only on top. Perhaps since his appear to only be comps, not brakes, slide velocity/energy isn't as strongly altered as competing designs?
    Last edited by DpdG; 06-13-2021 at 11:25 PM. Reason: clarification
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

My experience over several thousand rounds through the Mayhem Syndicate comped 26 and 19X and my PMM comped 19X with a RDS is the factory recoil springs work fine.
    Clean, dirty, new shooter, experienced shooter, right side up, upside down, 115gr. bunny fart or +P+ flame thrower. Whatever.
    My experience is that the lightweight single port or compact carry comps do not require spring changes.
    YMMV with multi-port or heavier comps.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Very cool, thank you.

Surprising we only have a couple of instances of comped 26s here.
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Flawless under perfect range conditions doesn’t mean they haven’t lost reserve.

It’s funny how many “flawless” things in my hands start to show warts even when handed over to my friends with less trained grips and techniques.

Just saying know your system and the trade offs your making.

Most people would be better off with better recoil management training than changing one variable in their system without addressing or acknowledging the others.

Try it weak handed with a low, floppy grip.
    To be fair if one were to hand a highly reliable gun to a someone with no grasp of fundamentals who limp-wristed the hell out of it you’re likely to see issues. If you’re actively trying to induce a failure, don’t be surprised when it happens.

In the interest of full disclosure I too run a PMM comp.

Also I know @karmapolice has put a not-insignificant amount of rounds through two of his PMM comped G45s and has had no issues.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Hey all,

Recently got back into glocks, per se, with a couple of mr920s and a gen 5 26. The short grip is necessary for an NPE I am in a lot, with a smartcarry currently, but carry the 920s everywhere else. I am wondering if the 26 and 19 workout like a roland special versus 17 when the shorter one is comped. Will a comped 26 (red dot as well) outdo my mr920s, uncomped with red dots? I don't want to mess with a good thing, if not, because the 26 is a solid little pistol.

Thanks all 🙂
    As far as the 26 vs a 19 with a chopped grip you might want to look at this thread. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post763642
    Im no expert by any means but the 26 has passed some pretty stringent Fed LE Agency evaluations. You might consider reading the linked thread and talking to @HCM about the 26.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    As far as the 26 vs a 19 with a chopped grip you might want to look at this thread. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post763642
    Im no expert by any means but the 26 has passed some pretty stringent Fed LE Agency evaluations. You might consider reading the linked thread and talking to @HCM about the 26.
    The 26 is Good To Go. We've had great results with the G26's. It one point we were only authorized G17's and G26's due to some since resolved issues with G19's. More recently, the 26 was the only gen 5 Glock to pass our agency testing (we currently only authorize the gen 3 and gen 4).

As another datapoint, my G26 Gen 4 running stock springs and one of the minimalist Suarez comps.
    I was pleasantly surprised that stock springs have worked fine for 200 rounds +/-. Ammo has been a mix of various 115gr range rounds (WWB, Remington and filthy Wolf steel) as well as several magazines of Gold Dot 124gr.

No bobbles and some perceived increase in smoothness. Minor push downwards, which is nice match to my RDS. No split measurements as a quantitative yet.

I tried the KKM style comp, which I found was a bit too much downwards force on a G26. That might be a “me” problem due to some strength issues in my grip, but I felt the KKM downwards force leveraged the short grip surface of the G26 as a mismatch. I had to fight to bring the nose of the gun up too often. YMMV.

Happy to revive this thread, and implore y'all to put up some pics of your G26 itty bitty Rolands.

My formerly issued G27.3 converted to 9mm with an AlphaWolf threaded barrel is one of two personal weapons I carry for backup and off-duty.

It's been a reliable performer with both .40 original barrel and a G32 .357 tube.

No internals have been switched out, yet no problems with three calibers in the past 21 years.

Anyways, asking for some images and thoughts on a multi-caliber compact...
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Site Supporter
    This is similar to the question I’ve been struggling with - 43X comped (PMM?) vs 48. If nobody minds the slight hijack, I’d appreciate any thoughts on that front.

User Tag List