Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Comped glock 26 versus 19? Or, mini fauxland special vs 19

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

Keep in mind that compensators require less recoil spring because of slide slowing.

So “reliable” is a little bit of a moving target. If you take a stock gun and put a compensator on it… if you use the stock recoil spring, weak ammo or an imperfect grip will bring the probability closer to a malfunction.
    That's more or less my understanding. My current Fauxland iteration is using a 15lb ISMI spring right now which seems to be an appropriate fit for a dual chamber compensator. My KE Arms compensator seems to work OK with 124 gr ammo but doesn't do so well with 115grs, even with the lighter spring, in part I believe because the port holes are venting a lot of gas vs. competitor comps.

Ordered the Agency 2-port compensator to see if that helps at all. Their ports look a little more conservative, so hoping it will run well with my existing 15lb spring. Aaron Cowan seemed to have good results so hopeful this one will be an improvement.

I think full power ammo 15 pounds is probably okay, but 13 might give you more margin for imperfect grip in a defensive situation. Test your ammo / compensator combo with a limp wrist for a few shots.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I think full power ammo 15 pounds is probably okay, but 13 might give you more margin for imperfect grip in a defensive situation. Test your ammo / compensator combo with a limp wrist for a few shots.
    At 13lbs I'd be worried about issues returning to battery. That said I did buy a 3-pak of differently weighted springs from Blacklist, I think the lightest was 13lb. Once I get the Agency in + installed I will test a few different loads out and see how it does.

I have PMM Comps on 3 different Glocks. 19X. G45 and a 19. All three guns have been flawless going from 115 to 124 and 147gr . I use only factory springs and have been happy with their performance. I have been looking at a few other comps on the market but have yet to switch, I hate messing with springs and I know the PMM's work well.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    I have PMM Comps on 3 different Glocks. 19X. G45 and a 19. All three guns have been flawless going from 115 to 124 and 147gr . I use only factory springs and have been happy with their performance. I have been looking at a few other comps on the market but have yet to switch, I hate messing with springs and I know the PMM's work well.
    Flawless under perfect range conditions doesn’t mean they haven’t lost reserve.

It’s funny how many “flawless” things in my hands start to show warts even when handed over to my friends with less trained grips and techniques.

Just saying know your system and the trade offs your making.

Most people would be better off with better recoil management training than changing one variable in their system without addressing or acknowledging the others.

Try it weak handed with a low, floppy grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    At 13lbs I'd be worried about issues returning to battery. That said I did buy a 3-pak of differently weighted springs from Blacklist, I think the lightest was 13lb. Once I get the Agency in + installed I will test a few different loads out and see how it does.
    I usually go 11 with weaker ammo. It’s all about matching ammo to springs.

My buddy has a pmm comped g45 and a 2.0 core that is ported. Neither runs in his hands and both have been 100% in mine. What @JCN says above about margin seems to ring true in this set of circumstances and i never heard it put that way, but i think it paints a good picture that is easy to understand.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Flawless under perfect range conditions doesn’t mean they haven’t lost reserve.

It’s funny how many “flawless” things in my hands start to show warts even when handed over to my friends with less trained grips and techniques.

Just saying know your system and the trade offs your making.

Most people would be better off with better recoil management training than changing one variable in their system without addressing or acknowledging the others.

Try it weak handed with a low, floppy grip.
    Agreed! I have tried them in more than just indoor range conditions. Muddy and wet, weak one handed grip they function. My six year old son has shot them and they cycle and feed. His grip is less than ideal. I have pretty well tested them best to my ability. Anything can take a dump on you and Murphy always visits when it’s less than ideal. I still feel they are probably one of the few comps that will not need tweaking through the range of 9mm loads.

Since January I've shot right at 3000 rounds of assorted "cheap" practice 9mm and another 250 rounds of assorted +P and +P+ carry ammo split fairly evenly between a 19x and a 26.5 both with Mayhem Syndicate comps and factory recoil springs.
    Zero malfunctions and noticeably flatter recoil impulses on both.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

https://suarezinternational.com/suar...n-3-9mm-glock/

Seems like a less expensive option to try the theory on... perhaps?

User Tag List