Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comped glock 26 versus 19? Or, mini fauxland special vs 19

Comped glock 26 versus 19? Or, mini fauxland special vs 19

Hey all,

Recently got back into glocks, per se, with a couple of mr920s and a gen 5 26. The short grip is necessary for an NPE I am in a lot, with a smartcarry currently, but carry the 920s everywhere else. I am wondering if the 26 and 19 workout like a roland special versus 17 when the shorter one is comped. Will a comped 26 (red dot as well) outdo my mr920s, uncomped with red dots? I don't want to mess with a good thing, if not, because the 26 is a solid little pistol.

Thanks all 🙂
    EMS, Rescue, Fire, fun stuff

I think a comped 26 is better than a non-comped 19 or 17. Mine is comped w a Parker Mountain Machine Comp. it’s become one of my favorites. W the PMM comp it’s 17 length. I carry it in a JMCK 17 AIWB.

Name:  144FEDF6-5B6F-4B5E-AFD6-7A199DB30138.jpg
Views: 5362
Size:  98.8 KB

Edit: I think @JodyH is running a 19 w/ a Mayhem Syndicate comp/barrel that’s the same length as mine, but has a 19 length grip. I believe PMM is working on Glock versions of their microcomp, which would make a comped G26 be as long as a G19, IIRC.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

I was very skeptical of a compensator on a Glock but recently put a Mayham syndicate comp on a Glock 19 upper. With the red dot, I was amazed how well the Comp did in quieting the dot. I would think a 26 with a comp would be a great combination.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Westtexasrancher View Post
    Hey all,

Recently got back into glocks, per se, with a couple of mr920s and a gen 5 26. The short grip is necessary for an NPE I am in a lot, with a smartcarry currently, but carry the 920s everywhere else. I am wondering if the 26 and 19 workout like a roland special versus 17 when the shorter one is comped. Will a comped 26 (red dot as well) outdo my mr920s, uncomped with red dots? I don't want to mess with a good thing, if not, because the 26 is a solid little pistol.

Thanks all 🙂

First of all only you can figure this out by shooting the guns in quesion. Nobody can answer this except you.

Second, I personally would shoot a grip chopped comped g19 vs a 26 for a few reasons.

Thank you guys.

Wonder if anyone has grip chopped a shadow systems gun yet..

Thank you guys.

Wonder if anyone has grip chopped a shadow systems gun yet..
    I think @EVP gave the advice regarding an actual G19 because of where the backstrap hump falls on a 19 versus 26.

The backstrap system on an MR920 is more integral and because of that, a chop might not work because the retention system would be compromised and unlike a Glock you can’t just do without the backstrap.

I was just thinking that, the strap would have to be epoxied and blended or something.

I do miss the thumb ledge when using the 26. Got so used to it on the SS guns that I noticeably miss the ledge on everything else.

Now, PMM or mayhem. I'm liking mayhem as my other glocks are the mr920s and a glock 45 that's back at glock, so I could use the same holsters.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I'm eyeing carry compensators right now, actually.

What have people found to be the most reliable? I have one slide that came with a KE arms compensator (basically KKM style) but i feel like the gas ports are a bit too generous for 9mm. Was looking at swapping it for an Agency.

That's a spendy configuration, but I do like that it's a package deal.

https://shootingsurplus.com/mayhem-s...el-g19-gen3-4/
    Taking a break from social media.

I was just thinking that, the strap would have to be epoxied and blended or something.

I do miss the thumb ledge when using the 26. Got so used to it on the SS guns that I noticeably miss the ledge on everything else.

Now, PMM or mayhem. I'm liking mayhem as my other glocks are the mr920s and a glock 45 that's back at glock, so I could use the same holsters.
    You can have a thumb ledge cut into your 26 frame.

Or if you’re ambitious you can cut one and stipple with a soldering iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I'm eyeing carry compensators right now, actually.

What have people found to be the most reliable? I have one slide that came with a KE arms compensator (basically KKM style) but i feel like the gas ports are a bit too generous for 9mm. Was looking at swapping it for an Agency.
    Keep in mind that compensators require less recoil spring because of slide slowing.

So “reliable” is a little bit of a moving target. If you take a stock gun and put a compensator on it… if you use the stock recoil spring, weak ammo or an imperfect grip will bring the probability closer to a malfunction.

User Tag List