Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith 637 Birthday Gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    What type of sight picture are you looking for with a round front sight in a square rear notch?
    Middle of the dot is where the top of the post used to be. I showed it here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post850113

Regarding holsters. I tried out a Zulu Bravo J-Frame holster that the generous @UNK let me borrow. I really liked it for an AIWB holster. The cost is a bit more than most but it has the features needed for good AIWB carry (extra length and grip tuck bump). I'll probably order one some day to replace my Harry's.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Regarding holsters. I tried out a Zulu Bravo J-Frame holster that the generous @UNK let me borrow. I really liked it for an AIWB holster. The cost is a bit more than most but it has the features needed for good AIWB carry (extra length and grip tuck bump). I'll probably order one some day to replace my Harry's.
    After looking at the JMCK, DSG, Harrys, Phlster, and some others... I ordered a Zulu Bravo today. He said it's about 4 weeks out, so I guess I'm going to have a wait. Honestly, the fact I could order it with a DCC clip was a pretty big factor for me. The guy seems more knife driven, but looks like a shivworks fan and a few members here have spoken highly of his J frame holster. It'll be awhile before I have it in hand, but hopefully it'll be good to go.

Now I've got to try to unload an el cheapo gun I got to trade toward a 637. That should cover the holster and perhaps some other stuff. Might be trying the Claude Werner front sight paint sometime in the next week.

After looking at the JMCK, DSG, Harrys, Phlster, and some others... I ordered a Zulu Bravo today. He said it's about 4 weeks out, so I guess I'm going to have a wait. Honestly, the fact I could order it with a DCC clip was a pretty big factor for me. The guy seems more knife driven, but looks like a shivworks fan and a few members here have spoken highly of his J frame holster. It'll be awhile before I have it in hand, but hopefully it'll be good to go.

Now I've got to try to unload an el cheapo gun I got to trade toward a 637. That should cover the holster and perhaps some other stuff. Might be trying the Claude Werner front sight paint sometime in the next week.
    You could have paged me I would have let you try mine.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    You could have paged me I would have let you try mine.
    Kind offer, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot when it gets here.

I think pocket carry is going to be very few and far between. I had an occassion that would have been nice to pocket carry recently. I'll need new dress/business casual pants anyway soon. Hopefully something with a roomy pocket.

I should try out some LWC too.

Kind offer, but I'm looking forward to giving it a shot when it gets here.

I think pocket carry is going to be very few and far between. I had an occassion that would have been nice to pocket carry recently. I'll need new dress/business casual pants anyway soon. Hopefully something with a roomy pocket.

I should try out some LWC too.
    I think Ive mostly worn mine with sweatpants in the house. In that role its perfect for me. If Im leaving the house j is going in the pocket. Im looking forward to you getting it if you do a review it always interesting to see different opinions of gear im familiar with.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I got two holsters in the mail today. A new Zulu Bravo AIWB, and a backbone pocket holster from a member here.

Name:  20210911_134519.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  70.3 KBName:  20210911_134531.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  84.8 KB

Finally going to try out carrying a snubby. Mostly plan to AIWB, but the occassional pocket carry is a nice option. If it becomes more prevalent ebay has a 442 hammer.

Following in @Lon 's footsteps I bought a used 442 hammer on ebay. I installed it today. Learning the inner workings a bit while disassembling was fun. I did replace the transfer bar, but I think it may get removed. It's not really doing anything.

This still lets me get that thumb on hammer during the reholster that I really like, but eliminates getting poked and makes for less snag. It's a pretty awesome little set up. Exactly what I wanted in a deeper concealment gun.

The trigger feels a bit heavier now, but I don't have a gauge. I'll probably wind up installing an Apex kit. I might try to swing past a woody spot I know and get a cylinder or two through it to function check.

Other than a painted front sight, and some loaders this thing is pretty much set.

Name:  20210927_142817.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  97.0 KBName:  20210927_145436.jpg
Size:  42.4 KB

Following in @Lon 's footsteps I bought a used 442 hammer on ebay. I installed it today. Learning the inner workings a bit while disassembling was fun. I did replace the transfer bar, but I think it may get removed. It's not really doing anything.

This still lets me get that thumb on hammer during the reholster that I really like, but eliminates getting poked and makes for less snag. It's a pretty awesome little set up. Exactly what I wanted in a deeper concealment gun.

The trigger feels a bit heavier now, but I don't have a gauge. I'll probably wind up installing an Apex kit. I might try to swing past a woody spot I know and get a cylinder or two through it to function check.

Other than a painted front sight, and some loaders this thing is pretty much set.

Name:  20210927_142817.jpg
Size:  97.0 KBName:  20210927_145436.jpg
Size:  42.4 KB
    Very nice!!!!
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Isn’t the “transfer bar” the drop safety, or am I thinking of Ruger?

User Tag List