Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1911 RDS cut: Wilson Combat True Zero or Nighthawk Custom IOS

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    how was this cut? How did you have them refinish it?
    What pistol are you thinking of cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    What pistol are you thinking of cutting?
    Maybe eventually my wilson combat 9mm professional I am making payments on. Slowly and steadily gonna get it back

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    You should at least consider the Chambers Custom system. Forum member @AJZ (AJ Zito in Arizona) is a certified installer, along with a couple other dudes listed on the page. This system allows for standard height sights instead of suppressor height sights.

I haven't seen anything about the Wilson system. The last time we discussed the NH IOS, it came up that their system was significantly more expensive.

(I don't have any direct experience with any of them. )
    I've got two Chambers RDSM guns (both Staccatos). I like the system, however my experience is that you will need a taller front sight than your gun came with. I ended up with .220" fronts on both of mine (P and C2) to get them in the neighborhood. The factory .170" (I think) fronts were far too short. That said, replacement fronts from Dawson are something like $25 in plain black, and you could order it and send it to the smith with your slide and probably have it installed at no charge if you weren't equipped to do it yourself.

Both of mine are RMR cut, so you may have better luck with the 507K/EPS version, however that would depend on their selected rear sight height, obviously.

User Tag List