Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: How Deadly are Shotguns?

@Lost River Thanks for the insight.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    They fought back, saying "Nope, I am good", petitioning whoever needed petitioning, just so they could deploy again. Guys literally deploying after losing a leg, just so they could be with their Brothers.
    This makes me regret some life choices

@Lost River , I am not wanting to allege that I have any personal knowledge of his status, or that he has claimed anything to my knowledge in any of his vids, I was asking clarification on what I had heard others claim.

I have found some of his vids entertaining, and only recently learned he was even ever in the military.

I generally dont get to invested in any YouTube personality, and dont go out of my way to dig into their background.

I took the Givens Shotgun Class and came away a deeply changed man.
    I'm ashamed that I was one of those people who shrugged off the collective experience and wisdom and had to "rediscover" it.

The LTT 1301 was simply an amazing shotgun to run - it is pretty much everything you need and nothing you don't out of the box.
    Stuff it full of Federal 8-pellet Flite Control, practice and just consider that box definitively checked.

I liked the LTT 1301 so much (and loathed giving it back so much) that I created this...

http://instagram.com/p/CMP9D-InKS3/

Okay, what Holsun optic is that and will it work on the factory Beretta mount (I am on an endless waiting list for the CROM mount). I am wondering if there is a decent optic that I can get that will work with the factory mount,

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I took the Givens Shotgun Class and came away a deeply changed man.
    I'm ashamed that I was one of those people who shrugged off the collective experience and wisdom and had to "rediscover" it.

The LTT 1301 was simply an amazing shotgun to run - it is pretty much everything you need and nothing you don't out of the box.
    Stuff it full of Federal 8-pellet Flite Control, practice and just consider that box definitively checked.

I liked the LTT 1301 so much (and loathed giving it back so much) that I created this...

http://instagram.com/p/CMP9D-InKS3/

"How deadly are shotguns?"

Yes...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    "How deadly are shotguns?"

Yes...
    Or ... “Very.”

Site Supporter
    To quote Clint Smith "Pistols put holes in people, Rifles put holes through people, Shotguns Dismantle Them". Having seen what Shotguns do first hand, I'm confident taking one to a fight and actually have by choice on several occasions.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

The late Lewis Awerbuck observed to his shotgun class that I was attending that it seemed to him that every generation had to "rediscover" the power of the shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    To quote Clint Smith "Pistols put holes in people, Rifles put holes through people, Shotguns Dismantle Them". Having seen what Shotguns do first hand, I'm confident taking one to a fight and actually have by choice on several occasions.
    I can't remember a new phone number, but I can recall my time at TR in '98 like it was yesterday.

Towards the end of the week, my friend Jim and I had a few moments to just chat with Clint and I asked him which class to take next, shotgun or rifle?

Shotgun, he responded instantly.

This is good as I didn't even own a rifle at the time, but I'd had a shotgun under my bed since I was 13. Still I ask- Why?

Clint, ever animated, demonstrates as he explains by patting his spread hand on br'er Jim's chest and shoulder saying, 'Cause the shotgun takes blood and muscle and tissue and bone from here and here and throws it on the fucking wall!

User Tag List