Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How Deadly are Shotguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Point taken. Of course at this point any dialogue with my college “friend” about the perpetrators of such crimes will lead to systemic racism or the need do “reimagine” a society where such people have no access to dangerous things.
    The state made us take training in which we were told that we are all racist whether or not we ever act on it of consciously form any such thoughts.

When I asked, "If I am racist without the ability to control it then why should I be held accountable for it?", all I got was crickets.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The state made us take training in which we were told that we are all racist whether or not we ever act on it of consciously form any such thoughts.

When I asked, "If I am racist without the ability to control it then why should I be held accountable for it?", all I got was crickets.
    I predict a run on aloe to salve that burn.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Logic, math and science are racist too.

You, my friend, are on the way to reaching for the proverbial brass ring. (Don't ask me how I know.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Logic, math and science are racist too.

You, my friend, are on the way to reaching for the proverbial brass ring. (Don't ask me how I know.)
    I'm sliding slowly towards the abyss on the backside of Maslow's triangle.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

I'm sliding slowly towards the abyss on the backside of Maslow's triangle.
    If it's any consolation, some of us wicked so and so's have survived upsetting the apple cart.

(I can only speak from experience dealing with the madness experienced from within Uncle Sam's employ from 1977 forward a few decades...but nonetheless...here we are.)

They don't really know how to deal with some of us problem children. (Either that or we got off easy.) I have every confidence that you will prevail.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If it's any consolation, some of us wicked so and so's have survived upsetting the apple cart.

(I can only speak from experience dealing with the madness experienced from within Uncle Sam's employ from 1977 forward a few decades...but nonetheless...here we are.)

They don't really know how to deal with some of us problem children. (Either that or we got off easy.) I have every confidence that you will prevail.
    I'm rather enjoying not being in charge. This actually being off when I am off is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    ....I need a good shotgun....
    Let me know man. I'm due for some shotgun shooting. You could try a couple 500s or 590s.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Let me know man. I'm due for some shotgun shooting. You could try a couple 500s or 590s.
    I've owned a 590 and 12ga saiga...and over the years have sold them like a fool. I've been drooling over the 1301 but in reality will end up with a 590 most likely. I'd love an older 870 as well. I do own a remmington model 10 but... ya know.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    And parkland was committed with 10 round magazines.
    As was Columbine.

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I've owned a 590 and 12ga saiga...and over the years have sold them like a fool. I've been drooling over the 1301 but in reality will end up with a 590 most likely. I'd love an older 870 as well. I do own a remmington model 10 but... ya know.
    I have a 500 breacher that you can try out as well, and a Winchester model 12 you can try as well.
    16 gauge SxS?
    20 gauge O/U?
    A NH shotgun test if you will.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List