Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: How Deadly are Shotguns?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    You survived because they needed you to accomplish tasks they could not.
    In other words, I was a "useful idiot".

Well, I got that going for me...which is nice.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Okay, what Holsun optic is that and will it work on the factory Beretta mount (I am on an endless waiting list for the CROM mount). I am wondering if there is a decent optic that I can get that will work with the factory mount,
    I really wish I knew more about mounting options and the Holosuns. I think it was a 507 - optic was red and had multi-mode reticle.

I know it used a RMR-style mount, so an RMR-to-pic rail adaptor might work for you if you have the pic rail on the top?
    (Hoping someone else chimes in here... I've just used the factory ghost ring sight on my personal shotgun.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Okay, what Holsun optic is that and will it work on the factory Beretta mount (I am on an endless waiting list for the CROM mount). I am wondering if there is a decent optic that I can get that will work with the factory mount,
    The 507/508 will work on any RMR mount, like the CROM, which is how I have mine in the Pic... 507 on the CROM. This is also the same setup you see in that video... 507 on a CROM.
    Any picatinny mount will almost assuredly require the comb riser on the SGA and will probably look like ass while also blocking out the irons.

I once saw somebody "disarmed" by a shotgun. That was different.

I don't want to turn this into a Garand Thumb bashing thread (more than it already is) but how does one "avoid deploying" if you are a member of the Air Force Special Operations community?

I was not a Special person, but when I was on active duty my phone rang once and I was asked "Hey do you want to volunteer for a TDY deployment to Central America?" My answer was "Not really, chief." Two hours later the phone rang again. "Hey, come get your TDY orders for your Central America deployment. You're leaving day after tomorrow for the training cycle."
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

This thread speaks to me, and tells me "get a good shotgun, idiot!"

Grandma's old break Sears 20ga is nice for nostalgia value, but Imma thinking a Mossy 500 with extended tube & optic may be the better way to go.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

Grandma's old break Sears 20ga is nice for nostalgia value, but Imma thinking a Mossy 500 with extended tube & optic may be the better way to go.
    They really are a tremendous value for the money.

I've found that I don't prefer the extended tubes. I like the way 5-shot tube guns handle better, but I would never tell somebody they were wrong for having the longer tube.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Besides Wilson Combat and VangComp, any other outfits that install sights/rails on 870 guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post

Had a 500.....decent cheap pump.

Got a 1301 .....wish I could explain in words.....

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

Would love a 1301 as well.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

There's really only two paths that make sense for me personally right now:

1) Just keep the 500 I already have and rock it.

2) Drop the coin on a 1301.

Nothing in between makes sense.

Right now I'm happy enough with the 500, but if I sell enough books, I'll buy a 1301.

User Tag List