Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How Deadly are Shotguns?

Thanks for the feedback on the Remington. It is a good general purpose shotgun I suppose. I'll have to think harder about keeping it vs going all modern.
    Here are some more pictures, since people seem interested.

Well then.... 🍌🍌🍌
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Nice gun but barrel is too long!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on the Remington. It is a good general purpose shotgun I suppose. I'll have to think harder about keeping it vs going all modern.
    Here are some more pictures, since people seem interested.

I’ll be the voice or dissent here and say that the safety location on that gun would disqualify it as a serious use weapon for me. I’m not a fan of safeties in triggerguards.

I’m not up to speed on parts interchangeability, but I would try to find out if a browning trigger assembly with the push button safety was compatible with the model 11.

Otherwise that’s a sweet scattergun.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I’ll be the voice or dissent here and say that the safety location on that gun would disqualify it as a serious use weapon for me. I’m not a fan of safeties in triggerguards.

I’m not up to speed on parts interchangeability, but I would try to find out if a browning trigger assembly with the push button safety was compatible with the model 11.

I passed on a nicely priced Browning Auto 5 last summer because it had the old style safety.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I passed on a nicely priced Browning Auto 5 last summer because it had the old style safety.
    I also passed on one with the old M1ish style safety a couple of years ago because:

a. I decided I didn’t need another project I would have to put money into (new triggerguard)

b. The safety detent spring on that particular gun was worn out and the safety activated itself 3 out of the 5 times I shot it.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

While it is not an unreasonable concern, I personally would not let it stop me even for a second. We all have to gauge our own comfort level, and I will not take issue with someone who chooses to pass if they are uncomfortable with that safety style. I have used A-5s like that before and it never bothered me. I understand the concerns over lowering the hammers on lever guns (and accidents that happened while doing so led manufacturers to introduce cross bolt safeties on such platforms, I never had an issue with a lever gun, nor have I had an issue with lowering a hammer on a DA revolver, though I have had some pretty dang numb fingers and took some extraordinary precautions while doing so on some occasions.

The point being, I personally would definitely would not let the trigger guard safety stop me from buying such a fine piece of American Bad-Assery if I saw it for sale at my local store. It just screams Old School Cool, and has a style that just cannot be matched by todays boring polymer.

^^^ Agree on all points.

Most of the Remington model 11s had crossbolt safeties. I dont know when the change happened but parts shouldnt be that tough to find if one didnt like that type.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I would probably rip my pocket trying to get the money out fast enough.
    I noticed an 11R that looks very similar just posted in the Arfcom classifieds.

Quote Originally Posted by kwb377 View Post
    I noticed an 11R that looks very similar just posted in the Arfcom classifieds.
    It's mine

User Tag List