Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: JCN buys dumb things that he’ll (probably) never use...

Does that allow a target focus or does alignment have to be so precise as to require a sight focus?

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    Does that allow a target focus or does alignment have to be so precise as to require a sight focus?
    Target focus.
    You basically index draw to a traditional "point shooting" style of sight focus, ie: using the rear slide profile as a crude sight. But you have the added benefit of a little green "light" that appears when you're actually on target.
    You can get a little more precise than that, but it's really not a precision sighting system.
    8" plate at 25Y is about as good as it gets.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Okay, for more dumb and more fun

I ordered an SAS ported barrel and slide for the P365 system since they stopped making them and I wanted to test that against a compensator.

Awesome

Okay, this is kind of my new favorite thing.

Tried it at the range and it works like a red dot… in green. @GJM it will look very much like the 507c in green.

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Tangentially related… I was at one of the local pusher’s yesterday and finally had a chance to handle a manual safety equipped P365. If I wasn’t so heavily invested in Glocks and how they work, I’d be tempted to go P365 and P320.
    I'm carefully watching and hoping that someone (aftermarket or SIG) will come out with a safety lever that is a little more substantial.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I'm carefully watching and hoping that someone (aftermarket or SIG) will come out with a safety lever that is a little more substantial.
    Definitely needed. Since I wrote that I made a impulsive purchase of a P320 X5 Legion for a range toy, and I don’t know if I’d be comfortable with that trigger on a carry gun without a manual safety for reholstering reasons. It’s too bad the design isn’t amenable to a SCD, that would resolve all of my concerns without the need for a manual safety.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Definitely needed. Since I wrote that I made a impulsive purchase of a P320 X5 Legion for a range toy, and I don’t know if I’d be comfortable with that trigger on a carry gun without a manual safety for reholstering reasons. It’s too bad the design isn’t amenable to a SCD, that would resolve all of my concerns without the need for a manual safety.
    I believe Tom Jones said that pre-cocked didn't necessarily mean something wasn't SCD amenable.

But, just manufacturing a lever with a slightly different shape on the end sounds infinitely easier and more likely.

I'm sure there are a few people on the forum with the machining expertise to work up a prototype should they be so inclined, I just don't know who specifically, or I would have asked them already.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Here we go!

Name:  8FC3DE7C-13DC-422B-8A1E-F5A9837911A6.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  19.1 KB

@willie this is what it looks like when not quite aligned
    Name:  ACA9DCE2-CD0B-4560-B2A5-C64018CEA042.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  17.0 KB

And when full go
    Name:  93E5FC1D-8653-45D9-AA34-5AB180E6DFEA.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  16.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Sauce View Post
    I believe Tom Jones said that pre-cocked didn't necessarily mean something wasn't SCD amenable.

But, just manufacturing a lever with a slightly different shape on the end sounds infinitely easier and more likely.

I'm sure there are a few people on the forum with the machining expertise to work up a prototype should they be so inclined, I just don't know who specifically, or I would have asked them already.
    I thought the problem with the Sig 320s and a gadget was all the iterations. I dont know if that applies to the 365. Anyway I dont think Tom is interested in expanding the line.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I thought the problem with the Sig 320s and a gadget was all the iterations. I dont know if that applies to the 365. Anyway I dont think Tom is interested in expanding the line.
    A P365 SCD would be hugely valuable. The gun seems to have gotten enough traction to warrant it, if it’s possible.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List