Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JCN buys dumb things that he’ll (probably) never use...

I'm interested to see how this one plays out. I have astigmatism so red-dot sights look like a cluster of grapes. Unfortunately, it's never the same cluster of grapes, so I can't just pick one grape and go with that.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I bought a few hundred rounds of SW 32 Long wadcutters because I have 32 cal guns. Will I ever shoot them? Who knows. It's AMMO!

In other oddball info... they also list one for the Ruger MKIII/MKIV series. That’d be an interesting testbed for these.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm interested to see how this one plays out. I have astigmatism so red-dot sights look like a cluster of grapes. Unfortunately, it's never the same cluster of grapes, so I can't just pick one grape and go with that.

Okie John
    I started a separate thread for my folly so I wouldn’t clutter up JCN’s thread.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-an-experiment
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

If you walk around naked, red dots are 100% snag free. Well, almost. But if you wear clothes and you are not on a thoughtful and deliberate firing range, slick is better. Get that slide and slide that thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Did you know this was a real thing?

Attachment 72660
    Yup, I never overestimate the intelligence of our media
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    If you walk around naked, red dots are 100% snag free. Well, almost. But if you wear clothes and you are not on a thoughtful and deliberate firing range, slick is better. Get that slide and slide that thing out.
    The idea that sights must be snag free has resulted in some truly pathetic sight designs being Incorporated into guns that have other features which are much more likely to snag. For example, take a look at a Colt Detective Special made in the 1980s or 1990s. Although I appreciate a gun that is snag free, the sights are there for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Okay…

I kind of love this.

Name:  03A0665E-E9B4-42A0-A84E-AEED5D0A511F.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  47.1 KB

Like really kind of love this.

Name:  BE695563-3652-4FBD-B184-76D30BB3E5C3.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  17.3 KB

I have a pretty good index. Strong hand, weak hand, freestyle.

When I put this slide on and presented…. BAM. GLOWING DOT.

Presented again…. BAM! Donut of death as @GJM would say.

I could see how this would be miserable if the index wasn’t good. It takes the index of a micro red dot to work well, IMO.

But man, I really kind of love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I kind of love this.

I have a pretty good index. Strong hand, weak hand, freestyle.

When I put this slide on and presented…. BAM. GLOWING DOT.

Presented again…. BAM! Donut of death as @GJM would say.

I could see how this would be miserable if the index wasn’t good. It takes the index of a micro red dot to work well, IMO.

But man, I really kind of love it.
    I don't think of my Bullseye sights as sights, but more of a "Go" "No Go" indicator for the trigger press.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I don't think of my Bullseye sights as sights, but more of a "Go" "No Go" indicator for the trigger press.
    That’s exactly it! Just like shooting the Guttersnipe.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List