Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JCN buys dumb things that he’ll (probably) never use...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Finally, a chainsaw post!
    Did you know this was a real thing?

Name:  681D3020-F039-475F-914C-DB41BD9C5FB8.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  43.1 KB

Site Supporter
    I am interested in the results. I am currently carrying a standard P365 and a second standard one is on its way to my local dealer, but am skeptical about that sighting system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Yeah well I've NEVER bought any silly crap or wasted money in any way.

The fact that I've been married & divorced four times is not relevant and I'd appreciate you not bringing it up again.

Cat

Tangentially related… I was at one of the local pusher’s yesterday and finally had a chance to handle a manual safety equipped P365. If I wasn’t so heavily invested in Glocks and how they work, I’d be tempted to go P365 and P320.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My pocket carry is currently a P365 SAS.
    I've never put the "Bullseye" sights to paper, mainly because I rarely shoot paper of any kind these days (that's a topic for the marksmanship sub-forum) but 8" steel is easy to ring out to 25Y, 10" steel out to 40Y and a "A/C" USPSA silhouette is DRT at 50Y. All at good speed.
    I'll take that accuracy/speed for the absolutely snag free profile on a pocket pistol.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    My pocket carry is currently a P365 SAS.
    I've never put the "Bullseye" sights to paper, mainly because I rarely shoot paper of any kind these days (that's a topic for the marksmanship sub-forum) but 8" steel is easy to ring out to 25Y, 10" steel out to 40Y and a "A/C" USPSA silhouette is DRT at 50Y. All at good speed.
    I'll take that accuracy/speed for the absolutely snag free profile on a pocket pistol.
    As a guy that carries a G43 as my small gun, but loves a G19 or G26 with a red dot too, I’ve often been curious about the 365SAS as a pocket rocket.

Looked like an evolutionary step forward in a J-frame sized envelope but I’ve never had a chance to try one.

I will say the Bullseye sights are not that great in low light, it's about like shooting my red ramp front sighted J frame.
    You're not aiming so much as using index and the gross outline of the gun with the occasional "that might be the sights" to intelligently point shoot.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What is interesting is how many report their SAS tritium lamps don’t work. My friend’s is pretty dim, but they work. Other people swear theirs aren’t lit.

JCN, have you checked yours?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Interesting - Mepro is listing a MOS fit version of the Bullseye sight. I have to wonder…
    Ken

Per a call to Mepro USA, the MOS version does not use the MOS cutout - it’s just a dovetail placement thing.

Based on my experience with my friend’s P365 SAS I’m intrigued enough that I just ordered one for a 43, I’d like to work with it for a bit to see how usable or unusable it really is. And if (when?) I decide it’s not worth the effort, I can sell it for a small loss and put other sights on the gun or have it milled. Doing it for science…

https://www.meprolight.com/product/m...e/?ml=ML-63102 (SKU is wrong here, change the 5 to a 2)
    Ken

User Tag List