Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: “Elite” Mexican cartel team, NOT a 5.11 commercial!

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have to disagree with that.
    Totally respect you and your opinion regardless of my own. Just a few quick facts, and I'll leave this one alone. The "Hugs not Bullets" campaign was a flag of surrender with the fed government admitting that they cannot get the organized crime cartels under control. The reason the feds cannot control cartels is because local governments are controlled by the cartels. Do you remember when the federal police disarmed ALL of the Tijuana's region police officers? The feds were taking action against the cartel in Tijuana and knew that that the local law enforcement members were either cooperating with or were members of the cartel. Mayors, councils, officials, police chiefs and officers in the areas controlled by cartels are either on the payroll of cartels or are threatened by cartels to cooperate. In this political season of 2021 alone, over 85 candidates, men and women, have been murdered by cartels. One candidate for the office of mayor was shot down in the middle of one of his campaign rallies. In almost all regions controlled by cartels, local candidates must seek permission from the cartels to even run for office. If they don't they are harassed, threatened or murdered. The Mexican feds can't control the cartel problem without cooperation of regional and local officials. The cartels have the treasure to control regional and local officials. The recent status change at the US southern border has the "open for business" sign glowing for cartels, increasing their treasure, power and influence within Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Totally respect you and your opinion regardless of my own. Just a few quick facts, and I'll leave this one alone. The "Hugs not Bullets" campaign was a flag of surrender with the fed government admitting that they cannot get the organized crime cartels under control. The reason the feds cannot control cartels is because local governments are controlled by the cartels. Do you remember when the federal police disarmed ALL of the Tijuana's region police officers? The feds were taking action against the cartel in Tijuana and knew that that the local law enforcement members were either cooperating with or were members of the cartel. Mayors, councils, officials, police chiefs and officers in the areas controlled by cartels are either on the payroll of cartels or are threatened by cartels to cooperate. In this political season of 2021 alone, over 85 candidates, men and women, have been murdered by cartels. One candidate for the office of mayor was shot down in the middle of one of his campaign rallies. In almost all regions controlled by cartels, local candidates must seek permission from the cartels to even run for office. If they don't they are harassed, threatened or murdered. The Mexican feds can't control the cartel problem without cooperation of regional and local officials. The cartels have the treasure to control regional and local officials. The recent status change at the US southern border has the "open for business" sign glowing for cartels, increasing their treasure, power and influence within Mexico.
    One thing I think we agree on is that Biden's border security policy will be a disaster. It already is. I also think that Obregon's policy of embracing the cartels will also become a disaster in MX.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2BA2ZL

They're both fools. Everybody loses.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I'm trying to understand the border crises. I have to admit that I wasn't up to speed on this. I just discovered Ed Caldaron and his perspective which is interesting because he's lived the border as a Mexican Fed and now resides in the US and makes his living as a consultant on cartels and border security.

The thing that I see most troubling is cartels challenging the local LE in the US. It's apparent to me that the cartels need to be designated by congress as terrorists organizations so certain military assets can be used against them, both here and in MX. That won't be acceptable by many here in the US but the line will be crossed sooner rather than later. The Obregon gov't is just buying time because MX is a failed state.

https://youtu.be/9l20tu7O0OY?t=2218
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    So what’s crazier? Seeing cops with no guns in their holster or seeing one with a revolver in a holster for a pistol, one of the knock off serpa style holsters, sticking out so far above the holster, that the whole trigger/trigger guard was exposed.

That wouldn’t retain his holster if he sneezed.

Great article reporting on what is happening right now on the US border with Mexico. As the smuggling business increases exponentially due to relaxed US security and protocols, so does the treasure and power of the cartels.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/0...as-in.html?m=1

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Great article reporting on what is happening right now on the US border with Mexico. As the smuggling business increases exponentially due to relaxed US security and protocols, so does the treasure and power of the cartels.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2010/0...as-in.html?m=1
    That article is 11 years old and is about two cartels that are no longer active, maybe it’s the wrong link?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    That article is 11 years old and is about two cartels that are no longer active, maybe it’s the wrong link?
    This article is the correct article from June 22, 2021. My bad posting the wrong link.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/22/10090...leaves-18-dead

User Tag List