Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: “Elite” Mexican cartel team, NOT a 5.11 commercial!

Funny anecdotal story or two. Someone left a dollar bill on the counter in the packaging room. I was in Narcs at the time so we were there all the time. It sat there for two weeks. I ended up taping it to a piece of copy paper and wrote IA PLANT BILL on the top. It was gone the next time I went in.

One I’m still not sure on. One of our old Chiefs was from LA with the IA shenanigans that went with it. So I’m driving home it’s close to 0400 and I’m almost home when I see a guy passed out in a driveway of townhouses less then a quarter mile from my house.

I stop to check him. He’s lying there with his folded wallet on his chest with a large wad of cash visible in it. His wallet looked like George’s in Seinfeld. He’s wearing blue nylon pants and low quarters. I wake him up, make sure he’s good to go, and asked if he needed a ride. Nope I’m good and walked off.

Honestly still don’t know if it was a sting or a random encounter. But it fits the LA integrity checks I’ve read about.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Funny anecdotal story or two. Someone left a dollar bill on the counter in the packaging room. I was in Narcs at the time so we were there all the time. It sat there for two weeks. I ended up taping it to a piece of copy paper and wrote IA PLANT BILL on the top. It was gone the next time I went in.

One I’m still not sure on. One of our old Chiefs was from LA with the IA shenanigans that went with it. So I’m driving home it’s close to 0400 and I’m almost home when I see a guy passed out in a driveway of townhouses less then a quarter mile from my house.

I stop to check him. He’s lying there with his folded wallet on his chest with a large wad of cash visible in it. His wallet looked like George’s in Seinfeld. He’s wearing blue nylon pants and low quarters. I wake him up, make sure he’s good to go, and asked if he needed a ride. Nope I’m good and walked off.

Honestly still don’t know if it was a sting or a random encounter. But it fits the LA integrity checks I’ve read about.
    That's the funniest thing I've read all week. Also a sense of humor I can relate to. Very rare.

I once taped over a sign on a storage closet where I worked. The sign read Human Resources Storage. When I finished with it it read Human Storage. It stayed there for about a week. I guess a few people found it funny. Some HR supervisor probably had a stroke.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-12-2021 at 07:15 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post

It would have tempted me to replace the bill with quarters, then nickels then a stack of pennies then a $5.00. Maybe tape it to a high ceiling?. Of course you probably still could have got written up for even replacing the bill since it was serialized and could be deemed """evidence""" in the theatre of the absurd.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    It would have tempted me to replace the bill with quarters, then nickels then a stack of pennies then a $5.00. Maybe tape it to a high ceiling?. Of course you probably still could have got written up for even replacing the bill since it was serialized and could be deemed """evidence""" in the theatre of the absurd.
    You wouldn't last very long in a democratically controlled county gov't. You just outed yourself amigo. They know who you are.

I found a quarter one time in the backseat during my start of shift car check. Mostly as a joke I seized it and wrote a report because I thought my boss would get a hoot out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You wouldn't last very long in a democratically controlled county gov't. You just outed yourself amigo. They know who you are.
    Retired from one of the most politically charged counties in the USA and my boss was an elected official.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    I don't think we properly acknowledge the extreme integrity displayed by officers who don't skim from these operations (or worse) despite typically not reimbursing them adequately for what they are asked to do. Especially now that we are "de-funding" and scalp hunting.
    We always say you could leave $100k in cash laying on a table in roll call and no one would touch it. Leave a pair of handcuffs laying around, and you’ll never see them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    That's the funniest thing I've read all week. Also a sense of humor I can relate to. Very rare.

I once taped over a sign on a storage closet where I worked. The sign read Human Resources Storage. When I finished with it it read Human Storage. It stayed there for about a week. I guess a few people found it funny. Some HR supervisor probably had a stroke.
    Thanks! Laughing at stuff like that and pranks help keep you sane.

Retired from one of the most politically charged counties in the USA and my boss was an elected official.
    Well, I retired with 30 years from a county that was dem the entire time I worked there. The council and the exec were all dems the entire time I worked there.

You said "politically charged". The county I worked for wasn't politically charged. They were all democrat's.

Care to compare counties off line?

Hint. The county where I worked voted Democratic in every presidential election since 2000. 20 years.
    Last edited by Borderland; 06-12-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    We always say you could leave $100k in cash laying on a table in roll call and no one would touch it. Leave a pair of handcuffs laying around, and you’ll never see them again.
    Or a flashlight

User Tag List