Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Ruger SP101! Now I need a good AIWB holster

Bought a Ruger SP101! Now I need a good AIWB holster

Just pulled the trigger on a NIB Sp101 with Spurred hammer for $550 shipped. I'd like to carry this guy AIWB but am stuck on good choices. I typically go with JM but noticed he doesnt carry the normal 2.5 for the Sp101 only GP100.I see he has the AIWB 2.0 and the "George" for the 2.25" Sp101. I'm not sure the difference between those two. I wear a size 34" pant and am under 200lbs. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. ANy sugestions guys?

Here's the model I got with the bobbed hammer (5720)

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    Just pulled the trigger on a NIB Sp101 with Spurred hammer for $550 shipped. I'd like to carry this guy AIWB but am stuck on good choices. I typically go with JM but noticed he doesnt carry the normal 2.5 for the Sp101 only GP100.I see he has the AIWB 2.0 and the "George" for the 2.25" Sp101. I'm not sure the difference between those two. I wear a size 34" pant and am under 200lbs. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. ANy sugestions guys?

Here's the model I got with the bobbed hammer (5720)
    I just went down this road with a J frame holster. On revolvers, the cylinder determines the shape of the holster and size of the wedge, so the AIWB and George are the same thing in the case of your SP101. I just did the George for a 3” J with adjustable sights, and it works great for all my J frames. Tony suggested the monoblock clip for the belt loop option. I would seriously consider going with the 3 1/16” SP holster regardless of the fact that you have a 2 1/4”, due to the fact that the extra length will help mitigate the grip from rolling over the top of the belt line and printing.

Hope that helps.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Tom at Dark Star Gear has not released his updated SP101 rig yet. Tony at JM is the best bet. The standard barrel lengths for the SP101 have been 2.25”, 3” and 4.2” for as long as I can remember. I’m sure Tony has 2.25” covered. When in doubt, shoot him an email.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Galco Stow n Go / German Shorthair Pointer chew toy.

Done

Name:  B42B302E-187A-4C30-8B11-7F190E6581BE.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  37.0 KB
    Last edited by entropy; 06-10-2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Galco Stow n Go / German Shorthair Pointer chew toy.

Done

Name:  B42B302E-187A-4C30-8B11-7F190E6581BE.jpg
Views: 794
Size:  37.0 KB
    Dude is that wiley clapp model? Love the Novaks on that!

A GP100 Wiley Clapp is on my list but I cannot find one under $900 anywhere to save my life

Yep. Have had it for quite a few years. Picked it up at the local big box farm store. Probably one of the best firearm purchases I’ve made. The grips are Pachmyr/Lyman Boot Grips

I’m waiting on a JM rig for my WC GP100’s.

http://instagram.com/p/CONXIJqLwDA/
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    I’m waiting on a JM rig for my WC GP100’s.

http://instagram.com/p/CONXIJqLwDA/

Quote Originally Posted by azerious View Post
    They have not had an easy life. I have pushed hard/fast enough that reloads burned me. The WC package is something else.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=13161
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

It’s pics such as those black GPs that make me contemplate scrubbing the hunt for a K-38 and looking for another Ruger. Those are some nice blasters right there...

User Tag List