Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Alexa & Ring: Mass Surveillance Potential

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So my wife walks in and asks why I’m pointing a gun at the toaster. I say “It’s a fucking Decepticon!” I laughed, she laughed, the toaster laughed, it was a good time.
    Keep shooting until you see the processor come apart.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

And Jeff Bezos is inviting the neighbors to share your data stream! What could go wrong?
    ——————————
    Amazon is building a wireless network – using your internet bandwidth.

It's called Amazon Sidewalk, and the company touts it as a way to help its devices work better, by extending the range of low-bandwidth devices to help them stay online.

It does that by pooling neighbors' bandwidth to help connectivity for devices that are out of range.

The network already includes certain Ring Floodlight Cam and Spotlight models as of late last year. Compatible Amazon Echo devices will be added to the network on Tuesday. Ring Doorbell Pro devices will be able to access Sidewalk, too.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/02/10025...ss-you-opt-out

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Nothing particularly interesting, just the 5G rollout killing 2G and 3G service. Most phones with confirmed Graphene success stories are old enough to get bricked. If you live in a smaller market, you'll have more time but it's coming.
    https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

AT&T will still support iphones back to the 6 and what looks like a bunch of older android devices. Pixels going back to the 2. I haven't installed Cyanogen mod since the Pixels were called Nexus but I think the Google branded handsets have always been unlocked and the easiest to install some alternate de-googled AOSP build.

Looks like the last of the old Nokia dumb phones are gone, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Nothing particularly interesting, just the 5G rollout killing 2G and 3G service. Most phones with confirmed Graphene success stories are old enough to get bricked. If you live in a smaller market, you'll have more time but it's coming.
    I don’t understand. Does graphene OS not work with 5G service?

I thought all of the newer Google pixel phones, with 5G, could use a graphene ROM?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I don’t understand. Does graphene OS not work with 5G service?

I thought all of the newer Google pixel phones, with 5G, could use a graphene ROM?
    A lot of phones get bricked when de-Googling. It's just a case of older models with a proven track record of working out will be going away. And I never typed the bit about mods above and beyond Graphene, as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So my wife walks in and asks why I’m pointing a gun at the toaster. I say “It’s a fucking Decepticon!” I laughed, she laughed, the toaster laughed, it was a good time.
    We just bought new kitchen appliances and all three are "smart". We didn't want smart appliances, but to get the functional features we wanted, the "smart" features come along for the ride. We haven't configured wifi access on any of them. I'm letting their little brains sit and scream silently.

Chris

User Tag List