Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Maverick mini pickup

I know it’s not a real truck, but I’ve always liked this kind of vehicle. I was giving a Ridgeline serious consideration before Honda didn’t stand by me, and loved my Ranchero. I always wanted a last version El Camino back in the day, and even briefly had a BRAT. I’ll be watching this one, since it’s built in the Escape platform I’m expecting no major issues. I’d still try to wait until the next model year, though.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like it. I just don't want one. AWD isn't available with the hybrid, otherwise you're limited to FF. And the interior looks cramped, even worse than the Jeep Gladiator. I'd really like to have a usable rear seat so I don't have to give up my truck when kids come along, and I'd like a roomy front so a woman might actually want to ride in it. F150 Supercrew Lariat it is.

But Ford really managed to pull off a nice interior. I didn't consider the Ranger because (a) it's got a four-cylinder, and (b) the Lariat-level interior is leather seats and plastic-y blah interior for over forty g's. The F150 might be another $20k, but at least you feel like you got something.

For the price this is a very cool offering from Ford. I get lots of traditional truck buyers would turn their nose up at this, but what other new vehicle offers anything close to this utility for under $25k?

Agree on the Ridgeline comments. It was a cool idea with some nice features, but still just as big, inefficient, and expensive as a normal truck. The Maverick will fit in a small garage and be more useful than any CUV out there. Of this and been available ~5 years ago I would have bought one. Unfortunately I need a higher tow rating today and plan on buying a Ranger when the market returns to sanity.

Any idea one when the dealers will actually has them on the lot?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Any idea one when the dealers will actually has them on the lot?
    Will probably be a looonnnggg time before you see one on a lot, if you really want one probably best to custom order, ford is throwing in 500$ for custom orders too.

Quote Originally Posted by NGP View Post
    Will probably be a looonnnggg time before you see one on a lot, if you really want one probably best to custom order, ford is throwing in 500$ for custom orders too.
    Kinda like to drive one before I buy one. Carmax offered me $17500, more than I paid for it, for my used 2020 Kia Soul. If I could really get that much out of it I would jump all over this.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

On Ford's vehicle builder an XLT AWD with nicer interior and a couple basic options is $32+

Sub $25 will be very basic FWD work truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    On Ford's vehicle builder an XLT AWD with nicer interior and a couple basic options is $32+

Sub $25 will be very basic FWD work truck.
    I was able to load up an AWD for $35k. To be honest, that’s a little less than I expected.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

If it's cheap and you wait til year after next(it takes time to work out the bugs) it may be worth considering. It would haul most of the stuff I haul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete 10 View Post
    If it's cheap and you wait til year after next(it takes time to work out the bugs) it may be worth considering. It would haul most of the stuff I haul.
    I may be ok with late the first model year - it’s a proven platform.
    Ken

User Tag List