Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger versus barrel accuracy

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Had to look it up. I have several Ghost Rocket connectors. No, the only thing the Ghost Rocket seems to do is noticeably smooth out the trigger pull.

It's when you start to monkey with the trigger springs, recoil springs, and trigger reset ("custom" triggers) that you run into issues. Or at least I did. Your setup may work fine, I believe you if you say it does, but it's still a Glock and doesn't need all that. @Randy Harris did admirably well with a mostly stock Glock. Indians and arrows and all that. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ly-TN-Oct-2018

Ransom Rest

To take the human equation out of the picture the pistol could be shot from a ransom rest. Then shoot the same pistol/ammo from a sandbag rest to see how the shooter is doing. Of course finding a ransom rest may be challenging. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    To take the human equation out of the picture the pistol could be shot from a ransom rest. Then shoot the same pistol/ammo from a sandbag rest to see how the shooter is doing. Of course finding a ransom rest may be challenging. Just a thought.
    I think with how well it went from a rest, it might not be worth the incremental extra information from a $500 bolt down Ransom Rest with $60 gun specific inserts...

When I first shot the P365 from the rest kind of casually, the group tightness wasn't great so I did it again with a couple of stability tweaks (extended magazine so I could brace the gun better on the table surface), crushed down into the rubber of the cradle with the frame to aid stability and I was super careful and precise with my trigger pulls. I was pretty impressed at how it went.

I might do it again with a stock barrel and compare. But man, that EDC X9 is pretty amazing for a handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Have you seen any safety or reliability issues with the Ghost connectors?
    I have installed dozens of them with Zero Issues.

Ghost Rocket gtg

Ghost Rocket connectors deliver what they are advertised to do. I also installed Overwatch Precision PolyDAT triggers in my G17-3s. For 39.99 the PolyDAT gives you a flat faced 90 degree trigger that really helps with a good trigger press.
    Billy

Gunsmith, M/C mechanic, Retired Army, NRA Life Member
    "When you have to shoot...Shoot don't talk" Tuco

good triggers

I've been shooting and tuning 1911s since the late '70s. A good 1911 trigger is perfection as a handgun trigger. I have been searching for a good trigger in a high cap combat pistol for years. I do not like D/A triggers. Along came the Walther PPQ and a good striker trigger. Drawback was to much take-up. Then I tried the Walther Dynamic Performance trigger. It eliminates most of the take-up, reduces the reset, gives you the flat 90 degree trigger and includes a sear housing with a preset sear engagement and a very crisp break. Very close to a good 1911 trigger. Also works in the PDP.
    Billy

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Uno View Post
    Had to look it up. I have several Ghost Rocket connectors. No, the only thing the Ghost Rocket seems to do is noticeably smooth out the trigger pull.

It's when you start to monkey with the trigger springs, recoil springs, and trigger reset ("custom" triggers) that you run into issues. Or at least I did. Your setup may work fine, I believe you if you say it does, but it's still a Glock and doesn't need all that. @Randy Harris did admirably well with a mostly stock Glock. Indians and arrows and all that. https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ly-TN-Oct-2018
    Thanks for the mention. The G34 I used is a Gen4 with Warren/Sevigny Fiber Optic Sights and a Ghost Connector. Everything else is in the gun is absolutely stock. The gun was a GSSF gun which are blue label guns (police ) so it came with a 5.5lb connector. At the time I didn't have any extra glock minus connectors laying around to replace the 5.5 with but I did happen to have a Ghost connector that Arthur Viani had given to me at a Dave Spaulding class. Arthur had been there handing out Ghost swag and gave me a couple of connectors and some spring kits. So I put the connector in that gun and have been happy with it. It does give a very smooth trigger press with very minimal "sproing" when you break through the pressure wall.

Incidentally in reference to springs....at first I tried one of the the spring kits that came with the connector. With those parts in the gun the trigger would not reset.... I called Arthur and asked what's up with that and he said that was the spring kit that was more designed for bullseye type shooting (didn't realize there was much of a Glock following in bullseye....) . I tried the "carry" set and still could not get the reliability I expect from a pistol (100%) and I don't have the patience to try different spring and part combinations trying to get the gun back to the level of reliability it has with the factory parts so I just put the factory springs back in and it went back to working 100%. I'm more concerned with reliability than anything else.

Having said that, the ghost connector does give a different , smoother feel breaking through the pressure wall than the factory minus connector. I just prefer to use it with the factory springs.

springs

The factory springs work good for me as well. My two G17-3s have all factory springs, Ghost Rocket connectors, PolyDAT triggers, and some polishing and detail work. I get about 4.25 lb pull with a very slight Glock feel.
    Billy

No Fail

With my newfound confidence in the P365 aftermarket barrel after the bench rest session yesterday I passed the “No Fail” test cold from concealment at 25 yards with most strings in the 2.xx range of time.

Name:  EC0E9AB8-97ED-4188-B0F1-73F42B6E24ED.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  36.2 KB

Site Supporter
    Nice! Going to try it with the stock barrel?

User Tag List