Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWB for PX4 with TLR-7

I received the new holsters and these ones are a whole lot better in the retention department. A night and day difference. I take back what I said about the company previously, my initial impression of the replacements is that BRC makes great holsters! Also, I've got my PX4 holster needs covered for now. Thanks @medmo for the recommendation.

By the way, while they don't advertise it on their web site, they were able to make the IWB with adjustable retention, so I can dial it in to exactly where I like it. Neat!

I did have to pay customs for a second time since I couldn't prove I had shipped the old holsters abroad, so that kind of sucks - that was another about $50 on top of what I already paid. But I can hardly blame the holster manufacturer for that. (And shipping the holsters back would have been at least as expensive anyway.)
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Damn good news and glad for the update! They definitely seemed like good folks and were flexible on my order for my AIWB Px4CC with a TLR7. The day after I ordered it, they emailed and told me that they were pretty sure the TLR7 would come flying off after a few rounds and asked me if I was sure about my order. I explained to them about the TLR7 P-F mfrey key so they went ahead and made it. Still working fine after a lot of wear. Side note, there are now factory TLR7/Px4CC options from Streamlight now so no custom key needed.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Damn good news and glad for the update! They definitely seemed like good folks and were flexible on my order for my AIWB Px4CC with a TLR7. The day after I ordered it, they emailed and told me that they were pretty sure the TLR7 would come flying off after a few rounds and asked me if I was sure about my order. I explained to them about the TLR7 P-F mfrey key so they went ahead and made it. Still working fine after a lot of wear. Side note, there are now factory TLR7/Px4CC options from Streamlight now so no custom key needed.
    Where? How? Details? Link? I'm currently scouring streamlight.com and not seeing anytihng?

I see a whole new light, the "TLR7 sub", but not a key that'll make my existing TLR7 work with a PX4 compact?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    Where? How? Details? Link? I'm currently scouring streamlight.com and not seeing anytihng?

I see a whole new light, the "TLR7 sub", but not a key that'll make my existing TLR7 work with a PX4 compact?
    My bad, didn’t specify. TLR7 sub option from Streamlight. mfrey, a P-F member, made a batch of keys for the TLR7. That’s what I’m using. Streamlight has a factory solution with the TLR7 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    My bad, didn’t specify. TLR7 sub option from Streamlight. mfrey, a P-F member, made a batch of keys for the TLR7. That’s what I’m using. Streamlight has a factory solution with the TLR7 sub.
    Gotcha - you made it sound as if Streamlight had put out a key that allows TLR7s to work...not a whole new light in the 7sub. Which I'd rather not buy, because at least the 7 I can move from host to host if necessary...the 7sub, not so much. Well, I suppose some of the other super compact/subcompacts I guess..

Yeah I sent mfrey an IM a few weeks ago...nothing, guessing real life caught up with him.

Thanks!

User Tag List