Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB for PX4 with TLR-7

IWB for PX4 with TLR-7

Who makes a good IWB (not appendix) holster for a Beretta PX4 full size with a Streamlight TLR-7 attached? The ability to either adjust, or define when ordering, the angle of the cant more specifically than just a nebulous "FBI cant" would be appreciated.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    JMCK makes one for the PX4 with the TLR-1 and lists the 92 with the TLR-7. I don't know if he has a light form that he can move from gun form to gun form or if they're one-piece forms. He offers cants up to 25 degrees, which is what I use on my PX4 and M&P45 holsters. I'd send him an email and ask, he's pretty good at fairly quick replies with a firm yes or no.

JMCK was the first place I asked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    JMCK was the first place I asked.
    Did you get an answer?

Of course I did.

Black Rhino Concealment. I have 2 of their holsters for a PX4 CC with a TLR7. The TLR7 is listed as an option for full size also. i came across BRC because JMCK did not have the option of PX4 CC/TLR7. i have have 4 JMCK holsters and now have 4 from BRC. Both brands excellent quality and comparable.

Black Rhino Concealment ACS for PX4CC/TLR7 with suppressor height sights fit and optics cut. Have a slide out right now to LTT and am eagerly waiting for it's return with the suppressor height sites and optic solution to take full advantage of the holster. I probably should have cleaned it up a bit before the photo. It's well worn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Both brands excellent quality and comparable.
    I have to disagree with you there. I bought two holsters from Black Rhino Concealment and received them last night, and just from initial impressions there is a very big difference between the two brands: retention. The BRC holsters I received have very little retention, and no way to adjust it. JMCK holsters have adjustable retention (that is usually just perfect right out of the bag), and the ability to crank them down to be as tight as anyone could possibly want.

Other than that, BRC seems like a good company. The guy who answered my emails was friendly and prompt in his replies, the holsters are well made, all in all it seems like the company are nice people making a good product - except for the rather serious flaw that the holsters fail to retain the inserted pistol. Even just inserting an empty pistol and gently turning the holster upside down, with one of the holsters the gun slides right out almost immediately after the holster is canted past horizontal. The other just baaarely holds onto the gun when held gently upside down, but any little bit of jiggling and out she falls.

Honestly, I'm more bummed at the holsters failing in this way because of what it means for the company and the people working there than I am because of the ~$250 I sunk into non-functional holsters. But also, I could use some more ideas on where to get (both) an IWB (and what the hell, might as well get an OWB as well) for this pistol and light combination. Once I have more money to spend on this project, that is. Anyone have the winning numbers for this week's lottery...?

(And yes, the idea of taking a heat gun to these and attempting to improve the retention is an idea that did occur to me. However, any time I've used my heat gun anywhere in the vicinity of anything plastic, things have gone a bit melty. So that seems like a high risk strategy. I'm thinking perhaps a thumb break might be jury-riggable to salvage at least one of the holsters, but I haven't had the time to plan anything past initial ideas.)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    I have to disagree with you there. I bought two holsters from Black Rhino Concealment and received them last night, and just from initial impressions there is a very big difference between the two brands: retention. The BRC holsters I received have very little retention, and no way to adjust it. JMCK holsters have adjustable retention (that is usually just perfect right out of the bag), and the ability to crank them down to be as tight as anyone could possibly want.

Other than that, BRC seems like a good company. The guy who answered my emails was friendly and prompt in his replies, the holsters are well made, all in all it seems like the company are nice people making a good product - except for the rather serious flaw that the holsters fail to retain the inserted pistol. Even just inserting an empty pistol and gently turning the holster upside down, with one of the holsters the gun slides right out almost immediately after the holster is canted past horizontal. The other just baaarely holds onto the gun when held gently upside down, but any little bit of jiggling and out she falls.

Honestly, I'm more bummed at the holsters failing in this way because of what it means for the company and the people working there than I am because of the ~$250 I sunk into non-functional holsters. But also, I could use some more ideas on where to get (both) an IWB (and what the hell, might as well get an OWB as well) for this pistol and light combination. Once I have more money to spend on this project, that is. Anyone have the winning numbers for this week's lottery...?

(And yes, the idea of taking a heat gun to these and attempting to improve the retention is an idea that did occur to me. However, any time I've used my heat gun anywhere in the vicinity of anything plastic, things have gone a bit melty. So that seems like a high risk strategy. I'm thinking perhaps a thumb break might be jury-riggable to salvage at least one of the holsters, but I haven't had the time to plan anything past initial ideas.)
    Tested mine also. If I just flip it over the pistol doesn’t come out. If I shake it a little bit when upside down it does start to slide out. I don’t see that as a problem. I know when wearing the holster the pistol will remain fully retained even if I do a head stand. I’m not saying that to disregard or minimize what you are saying or how you feel. For me, the holster has worked perfect in almost daily use. Putting my feet in your shoes, I would definitely contact them to see what they could do about. You’ve invested a good amount in their products. Just checked my Philster Floodlight/92A1 combo because it was handy and it does the same thing.

Edit: Just checked two other BRC holsters. OWB PX4/TLR7 and OWB 92A1/TLR1. When inverted and shaken a little bit the pistols do not start to slide out. I’d definitely contact them rather than burn that cash. For me, I’m full satisfied with the retention on my BRC AIWB holster.
    Last edited by medmo; 09-16-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Naturally I had contacted them to let them know about the issue I had with the holsters. I guess I had my expectations calibrated to local customer service standards as I wasn't expecting there to be a whole lot they could do (as shipping the holsters back and forth would become quite expensive compared to the value of the products), but they said they will be sending new holsters out as that is not the way they are supposed to be. Neat! I'm looking forward to seeing what the new holsters will be like!

User Tag List