Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady's 6mm ARC. Who's all in?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Howa is offering their barreled mini bolt actions in 6mm ARC via Brownells for $489.

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/...023_03_21_Howa
    An email about that is what started me down this rabbit hole. I know nothing about Howa barreled actions, though. I do see B&C offers their M40 style stock for the Mini action, and there are other options including chassis. My cost on the barreled action is slightly less.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    An email about that is what started me down this rabbit hole. I know nothing about Howa barreled actions, though. I do see B&C offers their M40 style stock for the Mini action, and there are other options including chassis. My cost on the barreled action is slightly less.
    MDT and JTAC make chassis for the Howa mini action. There may be others. Howa offers a complete gun with a chassis - not sure what chassis or if they sell it separately.

After chewing on the idea of a Howa Mini based rifle, I decided it wasn’t a good option for me. I’m seriously considering a Savage 110 Tactical as a way of trying the cartridge.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    After chewing on the idea of a Howa Mini based rifle, I decided it wasn’t a good option for me. I’m seriously considering a Savage 110 Tactical as a way of trying the cartridge.
    If you are getting a full sized action then you might as well go with a full sized cartridge. The 6 Creedmoor pushes the same bullet 200 FPS faster, at the cost of some barrel life. It will feed better also.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    If you are getting a full sized action then you might as well go with a full sized cartridge. The 6 Creedmoor pushes the same bullet 200 FPS faster, at the cost of some barrel life. It will feed better also.
    Agree. As much as I like my 6.5 Grendel, the only reason I use the caliber is to stretch the range of the AR-15 platform out to 1100yds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I’m in. I’ve been frustrated with the 6.5 Grendel since 2004. Finally stopped trying around 3 years ago. I have a 224 Predator (22 Grendel) that I’m working on, but I bought a 6ARC upper a few months ago. The 6ARC does everything I want from a midrange AR cartridge. Everything I wanted the Grendel to do, but was left unhappy with accuracy and reliability. I’m loading 95 SMKs over 30.0gr CFE223. I only have about 550 of those left, with no replenishment in sight, so I will have to change bullets here later this year or next.

Here is the same picture I posted in the long guns gallery thread, but with a can on it:

Name:  IMG_6711.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  40.6 KB
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Agree. As much as I like my 6.5 Grendel, the only reason I use the caliber is to stretch the range of the AR-15 platform out to 1100yds.
    Also agree. I'm very fond of my Grendel as well, but for me the whole reason for it is that it turns the AR into an extremely handy short range deer hunting rifle. The cartridge is just about ideal for what I want it to do but putting it into an oversized package would miss the point.

What I’m hearing is that maybe I was too quick to dismiss a 6mm ARC upper?
    Ken

If I was younger I would probably get a 6mm ARC AR15. Being 71, all *I* need when shooting from 0-600 yds but mostly 0-500 yds and in is my 18" barreled AR15 shooting 77gr match ammo.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

User Tag List