Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady's 6mm ARC. Who's all in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    For 223 based Wildcats I'm pretty happy with my .277 Wolverine. I use it in a 12.5" AR and am getting 2350 fps with a 90gr Gold Dot. Users running 18" barrels or whatever are getting around 2850 fps from these lengths.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Punch in the numbers for the 6 ARC using heavy for caliber bullets out of a 12" barrel. There are approximate velocities listed above in another post for that barrel length.

If you are talking a short hunting or pig gun the ARC will carry about 200ft/lbs more energy. Based on my 112 grain bullets the ARC will have more energy at 200 yards than the Wolverine with the load you mentioned at 25 yards...

Quote Originally Posted by alamo5000 View Post
    Based on my 112 grain bullets the ARC will have more energy...
    Barnes Match Burners? Where'd you find them?

Barnes Match Burners? Where'd you find them?

I bought them from someone wanting to do a sale/trade. I've been shopping for other components for quite a long time and when I saw those come up on another forum I bought a few hundred to try out.

Once I get my optic situation settled I will test them out.

I bought them from someone wanting to do a sale/trade. I've been shopping for other components for quite a long time and when I saw those come up on another forum I bought a few hundred to try out.

Once I get my optic situation settled I will test them out.
    Pretty curious about these and the 105 option. Price seems really good especially compared to Bergers, etc.

Pretty curious about these and the 105 option. Price seems really good especially compared to Bergers, etc.
    I will definitely keep you informed once I start testing. I have about 80 factory rounds left which I am shooting to get brass. The optic I bought was a lemon so I had to return it so I am waiting on that before I buy another. After that I will be on to trying the 112's.

When I had my barrel turned I had them put a little extra twist in it...1:7 vs 7.5 or whatever on the basis that I am going to try and shoot heavies. Others have reported good findings but you never know until you put some through yourself right?

I will definitely keep you informed once I start testing. I have about 80 factory rounds left which I am shooting to get brass. The optic I bought was a lemon so I had to return it so I am waiting on that before I buy another. After that I will be on to trying the 112's.

When I had my barrel turned I had them put a little extra twist in it...1:7 vs 7.5 or whatever on the basis that I am going to try and shoot heavies. Others have reported good findings but you never know until you put some through yourself right?
    I'd like to see 1x7 as a standard twist although the standard is 7.5. It looks like 7.5 will work with 110-112-115 conventional bullets but some monolithic bullets will probably need 1x7. Plus it is probably only a matter of time before someone starts making a 120gr or heavier.

300 BLK went from 1x8 was the only twist to 1x7 being pretty common. Now some guns have faster twist than that. I think the SIG MCX is 1x6.

Midway has the 105 and 112 Match Burner in stock as of 0830 hours AZ time 06/16/21.

Midway has the 105 and 112 Match Burner in stock as of 0830 hours AZ time 06/16/21.

I have 300 of the 112's and my replacement optic is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I have about 80 factory rounds left as well that I am shooting to get brass. After that I will start load development. I kind of want to see how my barrel and gun shoots before I start going all in on one bullet weight or type.

I have about 80 factory rounds left as well that I am shooting to get brass.
    How's your impression of the factory stuff? It shoot okay? And which load is it?

How's your impression of the factory stuff? It shoot okay? And which load is it?

I haven't had a chance to get a good impression yet. I only shot a little bit then I found out my optic had a problem and needed to be replaced. My initial shots were to 'try' and zero the gun...which I did but I had to do it topped out with the full 31 mils of elevation used. It would only zero on two different guns at the very top of the elevation range instead of in the middle where it should have been. Total I got 40 rounds down the tube so far before sending the optic back and buying a different one.

During my zeroing process I got it on steel and that was it. I never even tried to shoot a group so I can't comment yet. When my new optic arrives I will go for round 2.

Normally I can zero a gun in just a few shots but because the optic was having issues it took me a lot of head scratching and a bunch of extra rounds. Once I got it figured out I went out the next day and shot it some more just to confirm what I thought was going on.

All I can say about the factory rounds is the 105's are pretty dirty when shooting suppressed. I don't have much analysis beyond that. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon though.

I shot those 40 rounds to zero and make sure the gun is functioning which it's running good so far. I am still kind of anxious because I had to wait 16 weeks for my barrel. I want to see if it can hold a group or not.

User Tag List