Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady's 6mm ARC. Who's all in?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    There aren't a lot of options for 6.5 Grendel, and I like that because I don't enjoy fooling around with loads. I have a great OCW load with old school 123gr Match Kings at 2450 fps out of my suppressed 16" midweight Alexander Arms upper. They are transonic stable and I'm very confident in my dope out to 1150. But the ARC clearly looks superior on paper.
    +1 like for another OCW disciple!! This is the way.

Brownells.com has Geissele 6 ARC mags in stock. I don't see rifles or rifle components available at this time.

Mags are pretty pricey. List price for the 25 rounder is $65.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Wilson Combat is now selling 6 ARC stuff. Complete rifles, barrels, etc.

There is a good chance I may go all in on the 6mm ARC, but I am going to wait until about this time next year to see how things shake out with it before I make that decision. The reality *for me* is, my 18 inch SPR/DMR rifle using 77gr match ammo will get the job done out to 500 yards just fine. For me it will always go back to the availability and price of the 6mm ARC ammo and if I really need 500 yards and out capability.

So almost a year later and with a continuing component shortage, is there a general consensus on barrel length and twist rate yet?

Or maybe asked another way, are there barrel lengths and twist rates that serve only 1 purpose (say long range only) rather than being a sort of “general purpose” rifle I could grab for mid-range target work, light hunting (white tail or pigs) or just fun at the range with the grandkids?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    So almost a year later and with a continuing component shortage, is there a general consensus on barrel length and twist rate yet?

Or maybe asked another way, are there barrel lengths and twist rates that serve only 1 purpose (say long range only) rather than being a sort of “general purpose” rifle I could grab for mid-range target work, light hunting (white tail or pigs) or just fun at the range with the grandkids?
    18" overall length and 7.5" twist seems to be the norm. That's just from poking around and looking at what seems to be a common barrel across multiple makers.

Thanks, I was seeing lots of 18" barrels but not many were stating the twist.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Ugh, I’d just love this if I could have it in that Sig “Fury” cartridge style with the 80kpsi pressure limit and a bolt with the strength to handle volumes of it.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List