Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W Response - 9mm PCC w/ Interchangeable Magwell

Site Supporter

S&W Response - 9mm PCC w/ Interchangeable Magwell

TLDR: S&W has a new 9mm PCC called the Response with interchangeable mag wells. It ships with mag wells for both M&P and Glock mags.

So now we know why S&W is doing factory extended mags for the M&P.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/response

Adaptability is the advantage: our first MSR-style carbine with an interchangeable magwell system.

Chambered in 9MM, the RESPONSE features our new FLEXMAG™ magwell technology, allowing you to change out the magwell to fit double-stack 9MM magazines from S&W and other manufacturers. The RESPONSE will ship with an M&P magwell and a second magwell capable of receiving Glock® G17® and G19® magazines.

That's right. It takes Glock® mags.

RESPONSE features familiar MSR-style controls and accessories compatible with many popular MSR-style stocks, triggers, grips, and charging handles. This PCC also features a 16" 1/2x28 threaded barrel, and full-length handguard with three, six, and nine o'clock M-LOK® slot positions. Lastly, RESPONSE features a simple & reliable blowback design with a standard MSR-style buffer & spring for minimal recoil.

Site Supporter

Is this gun OOB safe? What's the rear of the bolt and the hammer look like?

P.S. No less from a company that sell both Shield Plus and Equalizer.

P.P.S. I'm not doing a Beretta magwell for this one too. No way.

This is pretty much what I was looking for. I was eyeing S&W’s Folding Pistol Carbine, and still might get one, but since I have so many Glock magazines I didn’t think it was worth it. Pushed me over to JR Carbines and Ruger’s PCC.

I will be a Beta Tester for it.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

All that compatible mag thing is nice, but I'd like to see more PCC's that fit CZ Evo mags.
    Mebbe that's just me.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Can be adapted to use a variety of popular double stack pistol magazines.
    Variety=two.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

I’ve been on the verge of buying the FPC. I have multiple M&P9s and dozens of magazines. I may see how this shakes out as I like the AR style controls, although I like the idea of being able to discreetly transport the FPC.

I feel like John Candy when Penthouse printed his letter!!!!!!

I am a big 9mm AR fan and a big M&P fan, and all this time S&W has been making ARs but letting everyone else make Glock compatible lowers and not making an M&P compatible AR 9mm.

I also have short arms and the length of pull on the FPC cooled my jets on that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    So now we know why S&W is doing factory extended mags for the M&P.
    And I just bought three of those, so I am probably doomed to try this thing out.

This comes at a point in my life when I am aspiring to have less stuff instead of more, but this will make the cut (unless it turns out to be a total turd). The tough decision will be iffin I will shed my faithful CMMG Colt pattern AR9, just in the interest of truncating stuff. Once it was sorted (bought as a separate upper and lower during a panic, had to tweak the ejector, flawless since) it has been great and a ton of fun. But will it be something nobody (else) wants...

My first thought is “how would I SBR this?” My second is that P320 and P365 magwells would sell, if the aftermarket chooses to go there.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My first thought is “how would I SBR this?”
    Would engraving the trust name into the plastic not meet the requirement?

User Tag List