Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady's 6mm ARC. Who's all in?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So will a Grendel mag work fine with 6mmARC?
    Yep. I like eLander mags for 6.5G.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    So will a Grendel mag work fine with 6mmARC?
    Yes they're the same mag in every case I've seen. Like here:

https://dura-mag.com/duramag-ss-6-5-grendel-6mm-arc/

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's a new cartridge that may take a pretty decent bite out of the 6 ARC market:

https://bcprecisionballistics.com/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The only thing new is bullet weight. 6mm-223 wildcats have been around for at least fifty years.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The only thing new is bullet weight. 6mm-223 wildcats have been around for at least fifty years.
    Well, yes and no. 6mm-223 has been around for years but this isn't based on a 223 case. They're using a 350 Legend case with a rebated rim as the starting point. It is more or less the AR equivalent of the 284 Winchester.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Yep. I like eLander mags for 6.5G.

I've had good luck with the E-Lander mags in my 6mm ARC.

What should come as no shock to anyone is that Hornady has just announced the 22 ARC. It is in essence the 6mm necked down.

https://www.hornady.com/22arc#!/

Soon to be followed by .20 and .17 ARC and 6.35mm and 7mm ARC. Maybe 7.62 and 8mm ARC as well....

I’m excited, but I already have one, sort of.

Had a Cooper 22 PPC bolt gun 20 years ago, great cartridge, very accurate. Rebarreled a 6.5 Grendel AR to 224 Predator (22 Grendel). Also have Bolt guns in 22-250AI (similar to 22 Creedmoor), 22GT, 22BR, 223AI and 223. I’m a big fan of 22 cal bullets. 2 ARs in 6mmARC.

Although Hornady has some consistency issues with the 88ELDM, I think I have about 10k on hand, and about 5k of the Berger 85.5. My current PRS cartridge of choice is the 22GT, with the 22BR as a close second. GT can use standard magazines, while BR needs a BR mag kit. For PRS those two bullets are great, and the recoil (lack there of) allows me to watch the trace and target impact (or miss).

BL, I will not be purchasing a 22 ARC, because I have enough irons in the fire already. But I am a fan, and I think this is a better 223 than 223 Rem.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

22 Creedmore, 22ARC... I'm kind of hoping they would simply make some ammo available for us non reloaders. 6ARC has been round for how long now? Yet I still can't find much of it available. I think 2 weeks ago was the first box I saw at a local LGS. Even though I havent built an ARC upper yet, I thought about buying it for posterity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    What should come as no shock to anyone is that Hornady has just announced the 22 ARC. It is in essence the 6mm necked down.

https://www.hornady.com/22arc#!/

Soon to be followed by .20 and .17 ARC and 6.35mm and 7mm ARC. Maybe 7.62 and 8mm ARC as well....
    I wonder if this will have the same reported high maintenance as the 6ARC? Dirty burning powders and difficult case-shoulder magazine to chamber transition supposedly makes the 6ARC not as forgiving of maintenance as a standard 5.56.

*note, I’ve never fired or owned a 6ARC, just repeating what I’ve seen reported on Sniper’s Hide.

User Tag List