Thread: Possible Scam RFI: Barrel Ammo Depot, Houston, TX

Possible Scam RFI: Barrel Ammo Depot, Houston, TX

Has anyone done business with these guys? I'm seeing a couple of red flags on their website, one of which is that they claim to have Varget in stock. Their check out page also uses Apple Pay, Venmo, and Zelle, but not credit cards. I'm guessing that's to avoid the protections that are in place with CC transactions. And a Google street view of their address looks like a warehouse that's too small to run the kind of operation they claim to have.

Pretty sure this is a scam and I'm gonna walk away from it, but I do want to give them a chance if they're legit.

Thoughts?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

That looks like a scam, check their FB. Avoid.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    And a Google street view of their address looks like a warehouse that's too small to run the kind of operation they claim to have.
    Even better.

Address on the site is:
    5624-5698 EDGEMOOR DR, HOUSTON, TX 77081

Put that into Google Maps and it places a bubble near where 5624 would be if it existed. But the actual addresses that exist are

There is no 5624, no 5698, and nothing in between. The address doesn't exist.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I’ve noticed scam sites for different firearms products popping up pretty regularly in the first several entries of a google search for the last several months. It’s almost enough to make me break out the tinfoil.

On the plus side I found a new sig line in the links that LL provided.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I left a message via their "Live chat" saying I wanted to pick up ammo in person.... crickets so far.

They responded to my "hello" on the live chat, but no answer to "I am local to you, can I pick up my order".

At least once or twice a week I get followed by scammers on Instagram posing as gun shops or online retailers claiming to have stuff in stock and ready to ship. Ya gotta be really careful.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List