Thread: Harris Combative TN/GA/AL Training Group w/ Dodd and Associates

Harris Combative TN/GA/AL Training Group w/ Dodd and Associates

On June 5th some members of the Harris Combative TN/GA/AL training group did a private class at Ronnie Dodd's range in Sale Creek TN ( https://doddtraining.com/) and spent the day shooting the Rogers Reactive Target Range. Some of you may be familiar with the Rogers Shooting School. Ronnie was the chief instructor at Rogers for 15 years and he has two bays (and soon to be three) of the Rogers Reactive Targets at his range in Sale Creek. I took the class in 2015 and got an Advanced Ranking and use some of their methodologies in my own classes (http://harriscombative.com) . We have known each other for over 20 years so Ronnie and I conspired to put together a private class for the TN/GA/AL Training Group so that they could experience the Rogers system without having to sign up for the full class , and so that they'd have a better feel for why I recommend it so highly.

This was a chance for my training group guys (and gals) to learn first hand about "Reactive Shooting" where you have a minimal amount of time to shoot a target that will appear and then disappear. Just like in a real life, you won't have all the time you want, just the time that is available. Ronnie presented the material just as he would in a full blown class and I assisted by shooting demos for the drills and providing coaching to the shooters. They essentially shot about 80% of Day 1 of the Rogers Reactive class. It was both challenging and fun and as one member said.... "Everyone had both victories and defeats without it being soul crushing ...and it was a lot of fun, plus we didn't have to pay for the full class to get a taste of what it is all about....I'm looking forward to signing up for the full class sometime now."

A couple of the participants are PF members and hopefully they will pop in and comment.

The Range....

Name:  IMG_3141.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  73.8 KB

The instructors.....

Name:  IMG_3178.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  59.7 KB

The participants....

Name:  IMG_3177.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  73.0 KB

I took the opportunity when Randy and Ronnie offered and am glad I did. The instruction/coaching was spot on.

The system will give one "perspective". It's unlike so much other training and is a unique experience. I highly recommend it. You have to experience it to really understand.

Great oppurtunity to get a taste of the Roger's shooting program. Ronnie has a nice set up and 15 yrs of coaching experience at Roger's. Coupled with Randy's abilites makes it a great class. Certainly a lot different than any other class I have attended. See it and shoot it quickly before it disappears. Highly recommended.

I did this and thought it was incredibly cool. And challenging. Thank you, Randy, for setting this up.

I put the link for a video from my Facebook page in but it is apparently not visible.....it shows up when I view this on my phone but not on the desk top...how odd...
    Last edited by Randy Harris; 06-02-2022 at 11:41 AM.

User Tag List