Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Lock Your Doors

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    So my wife comes out of our house to walk the dog around 11:00PM on a very foggy, drizzly night.....couldn't see across the street....as soon as our dog cleared the door his nose went up and he began doing his usual...up on his hind legs growling like a tiger...next thing, 3 guys run out of or neighbors driveway across the street headed for the corner.....guess they were about to boost the neighbors car parked in the driveway........good thing my wife is strong and can hold him back....almost.

Attachment 117438
    GOOD boy!

Site Supporter
    Texas clearly still remembers its frontier origins, when property rights were really important.
    God Bless Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    You can certainly get sued civilly but are protected in TX by a very brief, clearly worded immunity for justifiable self defense.

For the benefit of others that might not know.... emphasis is mine...

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D...htm/PE.9.htm#D

and.....

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/D.../htm/CP.83.htm

The entire country could use more Texas.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    We don't have basements here....because we are at sea level.
    Oh for sure, pretty familiar with that situation after 6 years in Orlando, just shy of 3 in Miami. I'd have whinged less about the lack of a basement when I was down there if builders would have put proper sized garages on the dang houses. When we moved north I got excited about being able to have a basement but was told basements here were rare because it didn't take much digging before you got into rock. D'oh!
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    So my wife comes out of our house to walk the dog around 11:00PM on a very foggy, drizzly night.....couldn't see across the street....as soon as our dog cleared the door his nose went up and he began doing his usual...up on his hind legs growling like a tiger...next thing, 3 guys run out of or neighbors driveway across the street headed for the corner.....guess they were about to boost the neighbors car parked in the driveway........good thing my wife is strong and can hold him back....almost.

Attachment 117438
    I have a similar situation but with a dog thats scared of everything.

2010-ish, mid July, I got to take my dog for his last walk before bed. Its around 11:30pm. The development I live in is quiet, white collar upper middle class. Serious crime is nonexistent, no violent crime so theres no reason to suspect anything. I cross the street and head to up toward the intersection in the development which is only a few hundred feet away. As the dog stops to sniff the grass we hear fireworks. The dog freaks out, hes afraid of everything especially loud noises, and he immediately starts pulling back towards the house. Weve only been outside for a min and I know Im not going to be able to get him to go now and Im going to have to wait a good amount of time for him to calm down so I can take him out again. Im kinda pissed at the whole situation. Like who the fuck sets off fireworks at midnight?!?! Like WTF dude?!?! As I head home a car come to the intersection from the side street, an early 2000s Chevy 1500, stops at the stop sign and turns left, away from me.

The next evening when I come home from work that side street is tapped off with the yellow police tape!! Odd!!! I come to find out there was a murder. Guy shot outside his home around midnight. He was shot once in the head and was out by his front door till a neighbor walking his dog in the morning saw it. What I thought was fireworks was in fact gun shots. If my dog wasnt scared of everything I was going to be turning onto that street and the incident occurred only a few houses away from the intersection.

Turned out to be a lovers triangle. One chick dating two guys, one guy got really jealous......

Give that dog a steak...........

User Tag List