Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Patterned Compliance Pistol

The Patterned Compliance Pistol

Starting a new thread here for a project I'm getting into that relates to the 3 Little Fonzies thread. If you haven't read that thread go read it so you have background and context for this project.

Brand new Kel-Tec Gen 2 P32. Has not been fired.

Upgrades are Innovative Weaponry sights, polished barrel and feed ramp, Wolff 11 lb recoil springs and proper lubing. I'm running recommended Fiocchi 73 gr. ball ammo.

This gun for me has a primary application of being a Patterned Compliance Pistol or.....PCP? Something used within or slightly outside of arms reach when the answer to the problem is not speed but guile, deception, and artifice. Maximizing the PCP is as much art and as technical skill.

No sub-second draw with this little gun. However there are ALOT of other novel applications for a gun that one can literally palm.

For these applications the IW sights are probably superfluous but I like the capability of possibly extending the distance say to 7 yards or so.

ShivWorks is also moving into paid streaming subscriber content and more than likely this is where most of what I'm gonna do during this project is going to reside.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    ShivWorks is also moving into paid streaming subscriber content and more than likely this is where most of what I'm gonna do during this project is going to reside.
    I understand the "why", but would it be possible for this project to be detailed in one of the paid member forums here as well?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I understand the "why", but would it be possible for this project to be detailed in one of the paid member forums here as well?
    Ehhh...I'm not sure how that would work.

We don't even have our paid streaming up yet and we're realistically 6 months out from having something ready.

Right now my feelings are that I've put a fair bit of time into fleshing out this idea in words and that my writing has been effective enough for Tim Chandler to pull the trick off in front of other people even knowing it was coming.

If I'm going to pay a guy about $1000 a day for filming and then more money for editing, then we're probably going to maintain control of the content and people can subscribe to us for it.

Not trying to be a dick but I've put a ton of time into P/F and haven't seen a monetary return on that regarding enrollment. I've had maybe 4 people over a decade now say in their introduction at the begnning of class "Heard about ShivWorks on P/F".

Every single class there is AT LEAST a single person who "Hey man, I saw you on Warrior Poet and the class looked really cool."

There will be some free stuff.

If you want all of it, you'll have to come to us and pay for it.

I plan on putting a fair bit of time into this.

Fair enough! Like I said, I understand and support the "why" behind it. ShivWorks is not an altruistic venture, nor should it be. I was just hoping to not have yet another subscription to monitor and maintain...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Fair enough! Like I said, I understand and support the "why" behind it. ShivWorks is not an altruistic venture, nor should it be. I was just hoping to not have yet another subscription to monitor and maintain...
    Totally get keeping up with subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Not trying to be a dick but I've put a ton of time into P/F and haven't seen a monetary return on that regarding enrollment. I've had maybe 4 people over a decade now say in their introduction at the begnning of class "Heard about ShivWorks on P/F".

Every single class there is AT LEAST a single person who "Hey man, I saw you on Warrior Poet and the class looked really cool."
    Not to be a dick, but of course you get a million more views on YouTube than here. That said, I'm all about not giving away intellectual property. When you get it up and running, please start a thread. There's no way I will remember this six months from now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Not to be a dick, but of course you get a million more views on YouTube than here. That said, I'm all about not giving away intellectual property. When you get it up and running, please start a thread. There's no way I will remember this six months from now.
    That's a fair point too Hambo and on that note, P/F really isn't an advertising venue for me and I probably shouldn't have framed it that way. I value the community and have ever since Todd asked me to come over and participate when he founded it.

What it is really about is:

1. Time out put. I just have less than ever.

2. The reality of aging out of the road show. I'm gonna keep doing this as long as I can, but at 55 years old and 21 years doing this....well....nothing lasts forever. Recent health issues also have been a wake-up call.

3. Reaching the limit of road training scalability. Despite hiring Brian full-time and him being 20 years younger than me, there's still a limit on how many classes we can do. Pretty maxed out right now at 40+ weeks a year on the road.

Actually Brian is the one that has been pushing us to do "on-line" training which I think is kind of an oxymoron, and I've been resistant to it.

But....a ton of folks ARE asking for it.

So....we'll see.

Likely my question has been detailed else where, but does .32 give any advantage over .380? Be it penetration, capacity, pistol form factor?

I've heard of the rim lock issue with .32, is this gun, or ammo specific, meaning is there a known combo that functions reliably?
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    Likely my question has been detailed else where, but does .32 give any advantage over .380? Be it penetration, capacity, pistol form factor?

I've heard of the rim lock issue with .32, is this gun, or ammo specific, meaning is there a known combo that functions reliably?
    Th P32 is smaller than a P3AT/LCP. And European manufactured cases have beveled rim edges and a different extractor groove geometry to reduce the liklihood of rimlock. So good ammo plus a heavier recoil spring is about all a P32 needs to be about as small and light as you'll get a reasonable quality carry gun these days. Plus significantly lower recoil than a 380 ACP pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post

I think it mostly comes down to pure shootability. Across the board most people report that .32 is significantly more pleasant to shoot than .380 in the same size gun. Less recoil and less pain. I'm starting to think of the .32 ACP compared to the .380 much the same way that most everyone now is running wadcutters in J frames: It's the best round for that sized platform.

As far as the rimrock issue goes here's a pretty good thread from the KTOG forum and in the first post there are photos that show the difference in case length, extraction groove, and taper.

https://www.thektog.org/threads/how-...i-ammo.245428/

User Tag List