Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Personal Security Network

Introducing the Personal Security Network

Inspired by years of learning and with the hope of sharing this knowledge with those less inclined to pursue it, I have created the new YouTube channel Personal Security Network.

My goal is to regularly add content so that those who are not students of self defense, and who may even deplore violence of any kind, will find it a useful resource for keeping themselves safe. There will undoubtedly be some instruction on the use of illumination tools as well. :-)

This is the intro video that is now live. Thanks for taking a look and as always, your comments and suggestions are appreciated!

EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

I like it. The idea is one that I think is very under served and badly needed. The intro video looked and sounded professional and well done. I am not a fan of some of the phrases used but it is more a personal pet peeve than any real criticism. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

If you aren't already aware of or subscribe to I highly recommend the Left of Greg podcast, YT channel and patreon. Greg Williams was the awareness expert in the Combat Hunter program and the real person behind Left of Bang's original content but doesn't get the recognition properly.

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    I like it. The idea is one that I think is very under served and badly needed.
    Thanks for commenting!

The under-served aspect is my focus: the people who normally don't give their personal security a second-thought (like my daughters). Thus my attempt to massage the content and use phrases to make the content more palatable and relevant to that audience.

Obviously I have little to offer beyond the true SMEs on personal security. My goal is simply to take their information and attempt to disseminate it to those who could truly use it.

I am 100% open to critique and suggestions. As I told my wife, I'm not doing this to "monetize" but to try to get this important information to family and friends, who otherwise shy away from anything remotely related to this subject matter and are intolerant of any discussion about the use of force for self-defense. If I can get them to at least be aware, I will consider this endeavor a success.

Thanks again for taking the time to comment!
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    I am 100% open to critique and suggestions.
    Ok, you asked. Say what you need to say and then be done. The world doesn't need another youtrash channel that is 5 minutes of content compressed into 20+ minutes. I get monetizing, bro-deal advertising, and production wow, but just keep it simple.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Ok, you asked. Say what you need to say and then be done. The world doesn't need another youtrash channel that is 5 minutes of content compressed into 20+ minutes. I get monetizing, bro-deal advertising, and production wow, but just keep it simple.
    I am VERY onboard with this! My goal is to keep each session about 5 minutes long and as engaging as possible.

Give attribution where appropriate.

(Sometimes it comes across like reading from someone else's script without giving credit. Maybe it's just the way it hit me.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Agreed.

A future session will be "Failing the Interview" which I plan on contacting Claude once I have it outlined. I have no desire to claim the IP of others as my own, would much prefer to link and provide other venues for learning.

There seems no clear origins of the phrase "it's not about the odds, it's about the stakes." Can anyone comment on this?

Agreed.

A future session will be "Failing the Interview" which I plan on contacting Claude once I have it outlined. I have no desire to claim the IP of others as my own, would much prefer to link and provide other venues for learning.

There seems no clear origins of the phrase "it's not about the odds, it's about the stakes." Can anyone comment on this?
    First time I heard that phrase was in a Tom Givens instructor class.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Agreed.

I first heard it from John Hearne at a Rangemaster event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    First time I heard that phrase was in a Tom Givens instructor class.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I first heard it from John Hearne at a Rangemaster event.
    I was thinking Farnam, but it's not surprising that such a thing would be said by everyone mentioned.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List