Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lock Your Doors

Sorry to revive a zombie thread, but...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1566887635217514498

Site Supporter
    1-none of that probably would have happened if he’d locked the damn door.
    2-seconds? Seconds? If the guy had been only mildly determined (instead of mentally disturbed or high, as this guy appeared to be), he’d have let the count run down and said, “Now what, m-f?” If he’d been really determined, and had a gun in the bag the homeowner allowed him to open, well, it would have been ugly.

3-see one.

Reviving the zombie thread once again.

I think I'd be in jail.
    https://twitter.com/NoContextHumans/...07134987288672

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post

I think I'd be in jail.
    I’d need to repaint the foyer walls.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post

I think I'd be in jail.
    From the accents the best the homeowner could do is offer up tea and biscuits instead of a heaping helping of American style 00.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick R View Post
    From the accents the best the homeowner could do is offer up tea and biscuits instead of a heaping helping of American style 00.
    Yup. Happened over across the pond. The excuses for the behavior seem to be the same though. "He's a good boy," "He's doing so well in school," "He hasn't had a father figure since he was 2," and on and on.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-videos.html
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Now, here’s something to think about. In the Indianapolis case, the husband told police he deliberately left the door unlocked. He didn’t want to be bothered carrying keys when he walked to the nearby gym to work out. That combination of laziness and willful naivete cost his wife her life. As far as I’m concerned, he should be charged with Reckless Endangerment, which is exactly what he did. “But I don’t want to live in fear.”, the wide-eyed sheep says. Locking your doors is not living in fear, any more than wearing a seat belt in traffic or having a fire extinguisher in your home is. Locking your doors is simply taking a reasonable precaution against a real and foreseeable threat.
    This is a perfect example of a preventable tragedy. Complacency and willful naivete combine to get decent people killed.
    That’s a bit harsh, wouldn’t you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I agree with Tom.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Yes, reality IS harsh.

In the 21st century, no one should have to be told to lock the door when you leave your home with your wife and children inside, sleeping.

How hard would it have been to put a house key in the pocket of his gym shorts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    Yes, reality IS harsh.

In the 21st century, no one should have to be told to lock the door when you leave your home with your wife and children inside, sleeping.

How hard would it have been to put a house key in the pocket of his gym shorts?
    It shouldn’t be a crime not to lock your door. He lost his wife, and now should be thrown in jail? The lost wife is the harsh reality.

Who is the say if the door was locked that the same outcome wouldn’t have happened? Sure, bashing the door down will make a lot of noise, but there’s a lot of other way to break into a home without making much noise.

User Tag List